OCR00864 - *YES* Chrono Cross 'Time's New Scar'

djpretzel

Here's my submission:

Please credit this submission to "gutzalpus".

ID3 tags are set up as you described in the submission FAQ.

I have this up on vgmix.com and some of the people there recommended I

submit to your site. I'd be interested to hear your comments on this

arrangement. It's a solo piano arrangement of the intro theme to Chrono

Cross.

Thanks,

Joe

I'd love to say yes just because it's a piano piece, but like DiscoDan pointed out recently that's unfair to other remixers who do songs in other styles. So I will wait it out and listen to this.

Damnit. I've heard this before, it's one of the songs that helped me keep my sanity on the family holiday this past summer. Maybe I'm biased, I'm not sure! ARG! I can't help but say yes, I don't hear anything wrong with it.

Vote: Yes

:(

This really is how a piano piece should be done. It's reminicent of another piano track on the site which I won't name. Originally I wanted to say no. As recent as 4 seconds ago, I was going to vote no. Why? Because I heard a couple of bad notes which punctured some of the overall experience.

But two things turn this into a yes. One is this site which has the sheet music for Time's Scar and the other was a comment made to me a while ago by Disco Dan. Both reminded me how hard it was to actually pull off something like this and that a few mistakes are forgiveable, especially for live recordings.

I'd looooooooove to hear a cleaned up version, though. Despite it's imperfection, this isn't imperfect enough to hold back. The pro's outweigh the cons (to borrow a bit from Protricity).

It coulda been 3 seconds longer though... :lol:

Yes. Why did all the GOOD piano arrangements wait til now to get submitted? ok, some wrong notes. Actually, the arrangement isn't specTACular like that other one on the panel. But it's varied and interesting, and though the recording quality isn't great, there's only so much you can do live on a small budget... which is why I sequence!

Anyway, yeah this is much better than some of the other mediocre piano crap on the site. Well thought out, varied, though maybe it's exactly like the original, I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired, but this gets my vote.

DC