What is this unkown Zelda track? (link included: pun extra)

GuardianOfChaos

I've unearthed this remix of a Zelda theme from before 2002. I can't figure out what theme it's even based on, and as you can tell by listening it's an unfinished file. I'm trying to track it down if anyone has any idea where it's from or the original theme's title/game please let me know. I've searched every zelda file on OCD and it's not from here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/66585597/15_Track_15_Unknown_Album__10-29-2007_3-03-29_PM_.mp3.html

is the link.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... I a bigtime Zelda fan here, but I don't recognize this at all, perhaps only a very liberal form of the NES Dungeons / Color Dungeon from Link's Awakening DX, but that's it... I must say I haven't played the Four Swords, on either GBA or GC, and Majora's Mask on the N64, so IF this is a Zelda thing, it could be only from those games... Highest probability is that someone thought it sounded like the dungeons in the NES version, and labeled it accordingly...

Actually, it does remind me of a particular Zelda song. It's been many years, but it reminds me of this mysterious location in Link's Awakening. I'll look at VGMusic to see if I can find what I'm recalling.

:< • • •

Found. I think this is the song that is coming to mind:

Climb The Stairs

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/Z4stairs.mid

(I don't remember any stairs being involved...)

Found. I think this is the song that is coming to mind:

Climb The Stairs

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/Z4stairs.mid

(I don't remember any stairs being involved...)

The music plays when you're climbing the stairs after the final boss. It's not a very accurate MIDI, though...

I agree with DJ-Arthur. If it's even a Zelda remix at all, it's got to be the original dungeon theme.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm... I a bigtime Zelda fan here, but I don't recognize this at all, perhaps only a very liberal form of the NES Dungeons / Color Dungeon from Link's Awakening DX, but that's it... I must say I haven't played the Four Swords, on either GBA or GC, and Majora's Mask on the N64, so IF this is a Zelda thing, it could be only from those games... Highest probability is that someone thought it sounded like the dungeons in the NES version, and labeled it accordingly...

I myself am a very devoted Zelda Gamer, and have played the games stated above. However I do not recognize this as being from those games. Although when I first listened to it, it did make me think of the original NES dungeon. So if it's not a remix of a completely oringinal unused song. That i probably what it is, or is supposed to include that.