Spanish for Everyone DS

XZero

Okay, I work for GameStop, and in one of the local stores, someone returned "Spanish for Everyone" claiming it was exceedingly stereotypical. I figured he was an idiot or something, but to satisfy my curiosity, I popped it into a used DS system. It is unquestionably one of the funniest games ever. I didn't play the game itself, but the intro proceeds as described below:

Basically, two kids are sitting on a sidewalk. One is playing his new DS (a white kid). The other (whose skin is darker, but not really indicative of any specific culture) asks to play it. The beginning mixes Spanish and English into the dialog, so a few Spanish words are found within. While the second kid is playing the DS, a limo pulls up and his dad tells him to get in. He does so, taking the DS with him (stealing it, in effect). The limo pulls away, and the DS's owner screams "No!" Then, just after the limo leaves the screen, it is followed by not one, but two police cars. Then a yellow car pulls up. A Spanish woman is inside, and tells the kid that she'll take him to retrieve his DS. The thief 'must be heading for Mexico,' so she'll "take him as far as Tijuana." It turns out that she is related to the kid (he's the nephew of her favorite brother-in-law if I recall correctly). Either way, they drive off, and thus the adventure begins.

This is the *best* video game intro ever. Its stereotypical nature is like something off of Chapelle's Show or South Park, but it's in a kid's video game.

I don't think you'll actually learn anything from it. It seems to be more of a Spanish word game type of thing. I believe it includes a version of Hangman, actually. If you want to learn something, check out (I think I'm right about this) "My Spanish Coach" for DS in November. Sorry if that's not right, but either way, nothing tops "Spanish for Everyone."

I don't think you'll actually learn anything from it. It seems to be more of a Spanish word game type of thing. I believe it includes a version of Hangman, actually. If you want to learn something, check out (I think I'm right about this) "My Spanish Coach" for DS in November. Sorry if that's not right, but either way, nothing tops "Spanish for Everyone."

Yup, that's right. Googled it. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry, Pezman, but I don't think enough people bought the game to understand its glory and post it on Youtube. I can't prove it myself, but I assure you with 100% certainty that the intro proceeds exactly as I posted, and it can be verified by purchasing or renting a copy of the game.

While I did get to play it, I don't have any means of putting a video of the game on my computer. I don't have a cable to transfer videos from my cell phone, and I don't have any video recorder to speak of otherwise. Sorry.

This brings up a point, though. I know there are more GameStop employees on this forum. Someone who works at GameStop or Game Crazy, please record the intro for us. After it plays, you can erase the data so that it appears that it was never used.

Any way, I was surprised to see not one, but four copies of this game at an EB yesterday. I expected it to be a lot more... rare, since Canada isn't known for having a large, or even existing, Spanish speaking population.

I thought it was mostly French, but apparantly, alot of hispanics having been going to Canada in lieau of this whole "illegall immigration" crapola.