*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'Mora Mare'

djpretzel

Hey, how's it goin? Recently, I listened to my Brambly Rivers remix and almost vomitted, so I started work on a piece using some of my brand new equipment (i.e. Korg Triton) and a better understanding of music in general. The result was this short but sweet piece, titled (in Italian) Mora Mare. As I absolutely love the Bramble theme from DKC2, I felt I needed to do it justice, and redeem my past mistakes.

Where to get:

Who to credit:

Wintermute (wintermute@cvinternet.net)

Thanks for considering this song for posting on your fine website!

~Dan "Wintermute" Bruington

A short 'n sweet mix here. Though, it's not all sweet. It sounds like that the author overused the reverb to cover up the crappiness of his samples. Sure, the introductory parts are good (atleast the piano), but this mix really fails at impressing me. It's just too short, and the ending is quite mediocre. It just dies :(

NO

Hmm

This is sounding odd...

The intro piano sounds okay, but the crystally sample sounds like it's timed wrong and the guitar also. The attack on the flute makes it sound out of synch at points, and of course there's the pointless little trill at 0:54. 1:10 brings it into some percussion and bass and really begins to sound a lot better... at first. Then some guitar comes in with some messy flute backing it up. Sounds like the artist went overboard here.

Vote: No

HMM, I guess I shouldnt review this cause like, this is one of my most favorite songs in the world and uh... yea, etc

But I will!! BWAHAHAHAHA

Pros:

I like the drums! Very nice.

Cons:

Background doesnt follow Lead at all.

Lead isnt timed right, it seems off from the progression.

The intro piano sounds weak and ugly (maybe from compression)

Some of the piano seems out of place later on.

The lead flute has these odd moments where it goes into the right speaker and disappears. It sounds rather odd.

Ending could be better.

Drums dont vary at all.

I believe I stayed as unbiased as possible about this. I really think there are way too many things wrong with it to pass... OH, I forgot to mention the song is way too short. Ok thats about it.

NO

-Pro

I'm pretty much gonna have to mirror prot's views on this one. I mean, I don't HAVE to, but I feel the same. The drums are a nice touch. Very industrial "Tears for Fears" sound, but the rest seems way off. Notes are out of sync. This cou.... hmm. I think I know how this was done. Sounds like it was board sequenced. Like, that would explain the bad rhythm, AND the good beat. I wonder...

Anyway, drums are good, nice and full of reverb, but everything else sounds dry in comparison. And the out of sync notes are gonna have to get straightened out. Try quantizing. Might work, who knows. Until then:

NO

DC