a song ABOUT video games?

Nerd42

ok so i really like the "Video Games" song by KJ-52. it's a Christian rap song about video games.

(here are the lyrics)

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Video-Games-lyrics-KJ-52/4743B0BECBC99DF04825700C001460DC

and i was thinking about remixing or making a cover of it. looking at the site submission standards, that probably wouldn't be accepted here since it wasn't composed specifically for a video game - but my idea is to put the same lyrics over beats that WERE composed for video games (Probably one verse of Mario, another of Zelda and another of Final Fantasy)

i was wondering whether if I did that my new(erish) track might be considered. has anybody else tried anything like this?

I doubt it would be accepted, since you'd have to do an awful lot of personal interpretation in order to meet site standards given that you'd be using someone else's lyrics overtop of video game music. Basically, the music would have to be so innovative and original, while paying due homage to the source tune(s) that it would make the judge's panel ignore the fact that you're using someone else's lyrics (thanks for the reminder why I stopped listening to most mainstream Christian music years ago). Basically, I don't think that could be done while meeting all the submission criteria.