*NO* Legend of Zelda 3 'Hyrule Castle'

djpretzel

Anyone know which track he's referring to on the page indicated?

Hello! This is my first submission to Overclocked Remix. I made this song a couple of days ago, and thought I'd submit it.

This is an orchestral remix of Hyrule Castle from Zelda: AlttP. It can be found here:

My "name" is Ork Estral, my email address is Hentoizenhoward@hotmail.com. The ID3v2 tags are filled out to my knowledge.

Thanks,

Nigel S.

I would reject this outright. People need to learn HOW to submit.

If you do this on your Tax Return, IRS isnt gonna hold your hand, ya know?

NO until proven innocent :D

Too Short, Too boring. This song has been done quite a few times, (with real orchestra, whats more) and I suggest more thought and creativity be put in it would it be OC worthy.

NO

Sorry, I deleted that. I just assumed that it wasn't going to get posted on the site, so I dumped it to free up space. I'll just be a little more patient next time I send something. ;)

Thanks,

Nigel

I've re-posted my song (Hyrule Castle). You can find it here: http://www.angelfire.com/apes/nigelsimmons/ It's the only link there, so it'll be easy to find ;).

Nigel

ARG. Two songs in one day that have done this to me. Not unlike the other Zelda song that I reviewed only minutes ago, this tune is done in an orchestral format, and while it's not as slow paced and sappy as the other song, it shares two of it's flaws at least. It's way too short, and also seems underdeveloped. Much more could have been done, and has been done in other tunes. Sorry amigo, if you could toss in some variation on the original theme and just kick it up a notch as far as interest goes, I think this could make a nice submission. But the way it is now it's just good, not 'OC' good.

Vote: No

When I get to a song that's already been torn apart I usually start to feel sorry for the guy and tend to be like "well at least it's got such and such" and while I kind of like where this song is GOING, I honestly feel it could use a few things:

1) a back beat. Yes, I know it's orchestral, but it would REALLY fit in well if you had some sort of breakbeat/industrial thing going on really heavy (not to outweigh the music but to blend perfectly (yes I realize this takes time))

2) maybe if this song went somewhere. Like, maybe if it didn't sound like an intro to a full song

3) they're right about variety. There IS variety at :49 on, but since the song is more than half over at that point, it seems kind of moot...

Anyway, these are the only things I can think of for now. Please, in the future, put more stuff in there. Thanks, but

NO

DC