*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Lord of Destruction'

djpretzel

This is my first submission to Overclocked. I've been doing remixes for about 3 years now but never really thought they were good enough to submit, until a friend of mine bugged me into sending this in... Anyways, this is a remix of "One Winged Angel", FFVII, last boss theme. I kind of noticed there weren't many battle remixes on Overclocked, so it seemed appropriate to send this in. This is mostly a set of guitars, distorted and rock... yeah... I'm not good at describing music (never took music theory in school...) Oh and also, the actual song file is set to loop infinitely, but for submission purposes I let it go through one loop then faded out... kind of long as is anyways.

My handle is Moagim Reborn, website is at

The link to the song:

Not nearly enough bass to the guitars. They sound like they're all treble. There's all this hard assed guitar playing through my headphones, my head should be rumbling the whole time. It's not. The drums are adding a nice percussion angle, but the guitars sound whiny and incomplete. I dunno about drum panning like Tom said, but the guitars just ruin the mix.

I like the arrangement though. Get some real sounding guitar in here and this will be great by my ears.

Btw: Tom, are they required? I thought they were suggested and it made the process easier or something. I stream most of the time anyway so I wouldn't really know about ID3's or not.

Vote: No

ABSOLUTELY NOT

THIS SONG IS A DIRECT RIP OFF OF A GREAT TECHNO SONG MADE BY AMSTROCITY.

NOT ONLY IS THIS A DIRECT RIP OFF, BUT THE NEW SAMPLES DESTROYED THE SONG, I mean, REALLY, destroyed the song.

This submission really makes me sad. :x

NONONONONONONONONONONONONO

-Pro

PS. I must strongly suggest this song get NO YES votes because it is a rip off.

PSS. I suppose I must display proof. Well, aside from the fact that I was blaring out Amstrocity remixes for the past week, trying to spread his long forgotten glory (^^), many to whom I sent this song along with some 83 others can back me up.

Secondly, here it is in its original form, (A very kick ass mix, btw, until it had to be destroyed)

www.public.asu.edu/~arasulin/lbat7.s3m

Ok.....

This just seems to jump from idea to idea, with really baaaaaaaaaaaad guitar samples. Sometimes it sound so bleh with all the different samples coming in at once, I can't pick out the individual notes, I can only hear grnh! grnh! grnh! Oh dear. I'll edit my post as a kind of retrospect when I download from Protricity's link.

NO