Heavy instrumental soundtracks

Stormrider

Hi, I'm looking for instrumental soundtracks from videogames which sound like that of Painkiller, with constant heavy riffs. I don't need melody because I plan on using these songs as the background for a mugen (fighting game). I don't mind some epic touches, but not soft songs, and preferably not electronic elements.What other videogames have soundtracs like what I'm describing? I remember Spawn (Dremcast) has some heavy themes. Guilty Gear also has fantastic songs, but too recognizable for what I want. Thanx.

imo you're limiting yourself of some great tracks. When you say heavy, I tend to think of not only Painkiller+BooH, but also other tracks that could serve well such as from Castlevania, Devil May Cry, Sonic Clang's Classic DOOM OST.

Depending how you are putting your varation of MUGEN, heavy tracks will not always work; at the very least depending on the types of stages you plan to use, characters (not usually a deal breaker as there ought to be a good variety), as well as atmosphere (Special effects from the stage itself). Hell I can even name three tracks from "Okami" that would be good to use depending on what stage is used.

Sonic Adventure 2. I know people will probably disagree, but I found a lot of the "heavy" music to be quite enjoyable.

I thought this soundtrack had lyrics in almost every song. I wouldn't know because I haven't played it, but every single song I've heard from it does...

WHOA! I can't BELIEVE I let this thread go this long without telling you about the goodness that is THE SOUL CRADLE METAL SONG! Have you ever heard this? It's not TOO melodic or soloy so it might be what you're looking for.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GEbRivmtnks

If you don't know about Soul Cradle, get your ass to that link! ^_^

If they're not already in the game, I'd recommend a few tracks from the Guilty Gear series. A lot of the songs from the Guilty Gear series are probably considered more hard rock than metal, but the tracks I'm thinking of has a lot less 'melody' than the other ones: Bloodstained Lineage, Feel a Fear, and A Solitude That Asks Nothing in Return.

The second prince of persia game had some badass riffage as well. Warrior within? The one with the time bitches.

That soundtrack sucked balls. Major balls and it was not heavy in the slightest.

If you don't mind arranged soundtracks, definitely the Dracula Perfect Selection and Black Mages. Check out Machinae Supremacy as well. They did the soundtrack to Jets'NGuns and have great originals as well. You might want to check out the Contra III soundtrack as well. I find it pretty rocking but it might be what you're looking for.

If anything you should just search for some instrumetal. That might bet your best bet. There's an instrumental thrash band called Mastery. Great riffage there.