*NO* Breath of Fire 2 'Glory to God'

djpretzel

Hello, I am Kentaro, a new potential contributer to OCR. This will be my first submission, and I thank you for your time. The song is a remix of "Decadence of God" from Breath of Fire 2 for the SNES and GBA, also I believe your first submission for that game as well (disregarding regected submissions, of course). The Remix title is "Glory to God", and it is done in a symphonic metal style. I, as might be clear from listening to the mp3, use SoundFonts personally, and this makes use of a collection I have been amassing for nearly a year now, yet I have been composing and remixing for far longer than that.

The file can be found at yes, there are undescores there), ID3v2 tag complete. It is about 1.8MBytes

Thank you again for your time. Even if your judges do not find this particular song worthy of the honor of appearing on your page, I am constantly trying to improve my ability, and you may hear from me again in the extended future.

~~Kentaro~~

--

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Dude, I love Breath of Fire 2. I even attempted (well, more than attemped. I spent about 50 hours on it. Yes, 50 hours. Tons of complex tracking. Sad thing was that it was rejected by the judges. Heh.) a Breath of Fire 2 ReMix.

Well, this is a pretty cool arrangement of a great original piece. Only problem is that the sample quality is what some people wouldn't be quite fond of. The ending is a little weird, too ^^ It's definitely a good first submission, and it's much more well done than my first submission ^^ I'm REALLY close to voting yes on this mix, but the sample quality isn't THAT great. I also hate voting no on it... Eh...

NO

Kentaro.. I recognize that name.. I think he did a pretty decent FF7 remix a while back in the WIPs.

ANYway. I like the way this starts out, always been a fan of the organ, but the guitar sounds bad. And the guitar squeak sound is unneeded too. I've always felt that "guitar squeak," as I like to call it, shouldn't be included in something electronically produced. Especially if you can tell the guitar isn't real. Sorry buddy, it doesn't sound too bad, but if you had some better guitar soundage I think it could be way better.

Vote: No

Kentaro adun, young templar. No wait, thats not right...

anyway, so

Pros:

Nice intro organ!

The song has potential, but the potential is not fulfilled. It seems like this song could be so much more.

I like the drum break down in the ending.

Cons:

Crappy guitar and strings. Now, though I am rather accepting of crappy samples, it is only the case when I see them put to good use. I really dont like the 'strumming' of that lower guitar, Its muffled and doesnt help the song.

The song is continuous and doesnt really change much, it seems to repeat a bit, thought I could be wrong about that. Nevertheless, it has the 'guise' of a repetitive song. That is, it really doesnt go anywhere, or vary, it just... keeps going.

Way too short; please make songs longer in the future^^

NO

-Pro

Well I thought the organ intro was very good, it set my expectations high... and then the guitar came in. Don't get me wrong, this remix is well arranged, but the guitar, it's so, soundfonty.

It's probably just my taste, but if you have a dist/elec guitar, it sounds really bad when you don't use a real one, it doesn't have that feel to it at all. And how come there is the fret noise in there as well?

NO.