Rock Band

RealFolkBlues

So yeah, played the demo yesterday and had a blast. Don't really know about the new guitar yet (solo buttons are kind of awesome but the lack of clicking on the strum bar throws me off more than a little,) but the drums are sweet. This is coming from a drummer, too. It feels like playing an electronic 4-pad drum kit along with music. Pretty damned tight timing on expert too, so plenty of challenge.

Needless to say, I'm excited.

Discuss.

So yeah, played the demo yesterday and had a blast. Don't really know about the new guitar yet (solo buttons are kind of awesome but the lack of clicking on the strum bar throws me off more than a little,) but the drums are sweet. This is coming from a drummer, too. It feels like playing an electronic 4-pad drum kit along with music. Pretty damned tight timing on expert too, so plenty of challenge.

Discuss.

How are the singing parts? Did you see the microphone in action?

The band equivalent to Guitar Hero.

I.e., the hotness.

Yeah, I can only imagine how tiring that would be, Bigfoot. Wasn't the Guitar Hero 3 demo worse though? The rock band demo has a hell of a lot more songs.

Nah, GH3 wasn't bad at all. GH3 was only hooked up to a 42inch Samsung. Our store went all out and gave Rock Band a 50+ inch DLP with a nice speaker system.

I don't think there was a minute where it wasn't being played. I swear, it seemed like some kids just went to Best Buy(numerous times) just to play.

I got to play it during the Rock Band college campus tour when it went to Pittsburgh. Singing is pretty fun, but don't try it if you actually can't sing. Not only did I fail out of "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" twice on Easy, the campus radio station recorded my horrible singing live on the air. Drums are pretty fun, too. They were easy to play on Medium, but I got killed on Hard. I already know some friends who are going in 4-ways on the game when it comes out in two weeks.

And the t-shirts they gave out at the tour are the hotness.

I got to play it during the Rock Band college campus tour when it went to Pittsburgh. Singing is pretty fun, but don't try it if you actually can't sing. Not only did I fail out of "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" twice on Easy, the campus radio station recorded my horrible singing live on the air.

:lol:

I was going to get this game, but this game comes out when all my money is tied up with other stuff :sad: . $170 is just a lot to hunker down for a game.

Oh God, apparently this is going to be in Rock Band.

Whoever is doing the vocals is going to have fun with this one, haha.

Yeah, that should be pretty sweet. Not quite the Thunderhorse of Guitar Hero II or My Curse of III, but still sweet.

Also, in case you guys didn't know, Wanted Dead or Alive is possibly the best drunken sing-along song in the world. It's either that, Journey's Don't Stop Believing, or most songs by Flogging Molly. Unfortunately those last two are not available, so Bon Jovi will have to do.

just ordered it for free!

game only though but ive got 2 guitars and i think you can use a usb mic (i know you use the 360 headset) so that just leaves the drums for when they are available separate

Dear Matt,

Your order has been received. Orders are typically shipped within two weeks.

Order Summary:

Order #: 243416

Shipping Estimate: Nov 18, 2007

Description: Rock Band (Game Only)

The order is being sent to the following location

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Matt Watts

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Once your item has been sent, we will notify you. Please keep a copy of this email for your records.

Thank you for using YourFree360games!

Discuss.

I can't wait for this game to come out. One of the guys working on the game, who helped design the drum controller and is an actual drummer, said that if you can play the drums on expert you shouldn't have a problem picking up an actual drum set. Sure there's more to drums than that but at least you should keep a steady beat and do some simple fills here and there. Agree? Disagree?

This game is seriously what I wanted Guitar Hero to become and I'm glad they're working on it and bringing it out. I can't wait for the album downloads, though I do hope for some more metal and hell even jazz would be nice.

I can't wait for this game to come out. One of the guys working on the game, who helped design the drum controller and is an actual drummer, said that if you can play the drums on expert you shouldn't have a problem picking up an actual drum set. Sure there's more to drums than that but at least you should keep a steady beat and do some simple fills here and there. Agree? Disagree?

You should certainly be able to do some simple pop rock stuff. There are a few differences, and it would obviously depend on the style of kit you want to play (metal, for instance, pretty much needs some powerful double bass skills,) but playing the Rock Band drums is pretty much the same thing as playing an electronic drum pad, which is usually a good start towards learning the drum kit.

This game is seriously what I wanted Guitar Hero to become and I'm glad they're working on it and bringing it out. I can't wait for the album downloads, though I do hope for some more metal and hell even jazz would be nice.

A couple things about that. Apparently Activision announced that they're going to add in other instruments in future packages, a la Rock Band. Yeah, and I'm sure they were fans of the Sixaxis, too.

Second, they have announced some hot DLC packs for Rock Band. Sabbath and Metallica for your metal, The Who and Grateful Dead for some classic rock, and apparently downloadable content every week. Yeah, I'm pretty pumped.

Second, they have announced some hot DLC packs for Rock Band. Sabbath and Metallica for your metal, The Who and Grateful Dead for some classic rock, and apparently downloadable content every week. Yeah, I'm pretty pumped.

That's sort of generic for the metal choices though - these developers are ignoring the popularity of the worldwide metal scene and the metal bands that are at the heart of that popularity.

Yeah actually a big reason I sprang for this preorder is because I'm really interested in getting a better feel for rhythm which will hopefully help my music. Easier and cheaper than learning to play real drums I think.