Super Mario Galaxy

SwordBreaker

I just beat it. This game is just too amazing. It's everything Mario 64 was but better.

I liked the ending. It's better than baking a cake for Mario :P

Are you implying the game is really that short?

As for Sunshine, I agree with some people earlier on saying the game was better than expected. Then again, the camera in Sunshine was really, really bad. Legendarily bad. So that could have irked a lot of people.

Are you implying the game is really that short?

As for Sunshine, I agree with some people earlier on saying the game was better than expected. Then again, the camera in Sunshine was really, really bad. Legendarily bad. So that could have irked a lot of people.

No, I'm just trying to drive as little as possible, so what better way than to stay inside most of the day and play video games? Gas is nearing $3.20 a gallon here, so screw that.

UR MR GAY is pretty fucking amazing so far. Its seriously exceeded all my expectations and I'm not even done yet.

You know its pretty damn amazing that Miyamoto was able to come up with something like this after all these years and after all the games he's directed. The man seriously has no equal in this business when it comes to game design.

I am going to get Galaxy after work today at Toys R Us. Has anybody had any trouble with that gift card deal, or finding it in stock there?

Cool beans. I had no trouble with this ad. Granted, Toys R Us's Video game section is so messy and unorganized, it took me 10 minutes to find the display for Mario Galaxy. However, I found it, and had no trouble. Only 2 were left.

The guy at the counter was rather nice about it all. He seemed to know all to well about the $25 deal. And, contradictory to some stories I read from other people, the dude had no problem with me using the gift card right away. (Some people claimed they were not allowed to use it for a day.)

So, I got Galaxy and a new copy of Zelda Phantom Hourglass all for $65 combined. (With tax.)

To all the people who are getting like 80 stars in like 5 hours of playtime, you are all gay homosexuals. Your epenis is nothing compared to mine. Stop trying.

On an unrelated note, anyone find the "rolling ball" music extremely roffle both in terms of concept and execution?

For me the most roffle part is when you fight Bowser for the first time. When you get him to burn his tail and the big epic operatic music starts to blast while he's running around holding his burning ass...that was pretty funny.

For me the most roffle part is when you fight Bowser for the first time. When you get him to burn his tail and the big epic operatic music starts to blast while he's running around holding his burning ass...that was pretty funny.
Yeah, that battle was really fun. Although, it took me far to long to realize what I had to do to hurt him.

I just want to say that this game seemed break a lot of ground (for video games and for the mario franchise). It is absolutely clear in this game that video games can be considered art. There were so many times that the grace and choreography of the game (mixed with the amazing music) blew my mind. This is also the first Mario game that I ever considered Mario to be "cool" and not just a goofy plumber. As for Bowser and Bowser Jr., I thought they finally seemed pretty badass by the end battle. Even Bowser's goofiness had a cool edge to it. This game is very dramatic and I just can't put it down (or get the songs out of my head).

I only got to play an hour of this game today and i just got it. it wasn't enough at all, but my roomate's shit is so messy its like hard to concentrate on enjoying the game. i'm finding an alternate place to game that's more asthetically pleasing (and yeah that word's likely spelt wrong i know).

No seriously, how the fuck is that music BETTER both in terms of concept and execution, than the rolling ball music? Hmm?

it's not.

Let me start off by saying that I know I'm going to be screamed at for this, but I never really played many of the old-school mario games, especially Super Mario World 3 which is supposed to be the best. But I really enjoyed the atmosphere and secrecy that the different worlds gave off in Mario 64 and Super Mario Land. I was wondering if anyone can give me any problems that Galaxy has. I know its kind of a downer for this thread, but I'm still relatively skeptical because I have just bought Mario Sunshine, which agreeably blows and I want a damn good reason to go out and spend 50 bucks for another game. If the only real problem I hear is 'its just too awesome' i think i may just wait, since the feeling I've got from most of these type of discussions is based purely on "mario games can do no wrong" but if there really are at least some problems that turn out to be pretty minor I'll actually look into it.