Super Mario Galaxy

SwordBreaker

so what do you guys think of Luigi? I LOVE him. Jumps so high, runs so fast... I can't wait to go through all 120 stars all over again so I can get that last 121st star... ¬_¬

But still, at least he's in it, and at least he's playable, right? It's not like they just put a luigi skin on mario, he's got his voices and new animations and all that. I'm quite satisfied with Luigi, they really put time into him.

so what do you guys think of Luigi? I LOVE him. Jumps so high' date=' runs so fast... I can't wait to go through all 120 stars all over again so I can get that last 121st star... ¬_¬

But still, at least he's in it, and at least he's playable, right? It's not like they just put a luigi skin on mario, he's got his voices and new animations and all that. I'm quite satisfied with Luigi, they really put time into him.[/quote']

Just finished the second 120-star run. Gufaw. Not to much better than the first run`s bonus, but I`m just glad they did something. (I was kinda hoping for Toad to be playable as well for the SMB2 callback...Suddenly you run painfully fast or something.)

Just finished the second 120-star run. Gufaw. Not to much better than the first run`s bonus, but I`m just glad they did something. (I was kinda hoping for Toad to be playable as well for the SMB2 callback...Suddenly you run painfully fast or something.)

Wow. Just imagine. Super Toad Galaxy and Super Peach Galaxy. Toad doesn't jump as high (unless you crouch down long enough to start flashing), but has infinite star bits perhaps. And Peach does her little floaty thing.

I want to replay Sunshine now. I know, I'm probably the only person in the world who really liked that game, but, hey, I'm not ashamed!

The one thing I really, REALLY don't like about Mario Galaxy, beyond the small nags, is that the levels are far too linear. In Mario 64, and in many levels in Mario Sunshine, you were free to go wander the level all you wanted. There were certain goals that were emphasized, or a few small changes, but for the most part you could explore the entire level. In Mario Galaxy, you can't. :/

Wow. Just imagine. Super Toad Galaxy and Super Peach Galaxy. Toad doesn't jump as high (unless you crouch down long enough to start flashing), but has infinite star bits perhaps. And Peach does her little floaty thing.

I want to replay Sunshine now. I know, I'm probably the only person in the world who really liked that game, but, hey, I'm not ashamed!

Heh.. now we're talking parallel Galaxies? Princess Peach saving princess Peach!?!

Also, Sunshine wasn't BAD. I liked it. It... just left me feeling violated for some reason.

And thank the heavens that they didn't make the same mistake of hiring voice actors for Bowser/Junior in Galaxy..

Junior's Voice actor fit, I think... Bowser. Well, Bowser can never speak enough gutteral language to make up for the few lines of English he had uttered.

Galaxy had a number of things it should have had unlocked after one or two 120-star runs, but they didn't.

-Infinite Star Bits, the aforemntioned Toad/Peach playability (though that's a long shot), or most likely, unlock all the star warps in all the levels. Translation, take the (also aforementioned) linear nature away from the game and make it truly explorable (while adding a few warp stars so you can travel backwards and cut from one linear path to another). (Most) any prankster comet on every level?

...unlimited costume ability (fire flower for the remainder of level, w/toggle).

The last star, lame as it was, did hold a small bit of circular satisfaction due to where it's found.

how the fuck do you do luigi's purple coin level in toy time galaxy

i need 5 more stars, but i know that purple coin star will be the one to stop me from playing for a week

Do a long jump from the beginning to leave you some squares. You're going to need them to get back on. Go right, right off the bat. Pretty much do a circle of the whole map, and just work your way back to the beginning since that's where the star will appear.