Super Mario Galaxy

SwordBreaker

played a little more of it and im really considering stopping altogether

the levels are WAY too small and linear

when i play a 3d mario game i dont expect go here then here then here then boom heres the star

i expect FREEDOM

freedom to collect the stars in any order i wish and not be confined to the one i choose

also i hate how i REALLY dont have enough time (or stars i guess) to really familiarize myself with each area

there isnt much variety at all

this game has done the impossible

it has made me like and appreciate sunshine

played a little more of it and im really considering stopping altogether

the levels are WAY too small and linear

when i play a 3d mario game i dont expect go here then here then here then boom heres the star

i expect FREEDOM

freedom to collect the stars in any order i wish and not be confined to the one i choose

also i hate how i REALLY dont have enough time (or stars i guess) to really familiarize myself with each area

there isnt much variety at all

this game has done the impossible

it has made me like and appreciate sunshine

You make Sunshine sound like it was a terrible game or something.

yeah it's too bad they aren't making a 3-d mario game on the DS. At least that they've announced. Galaxy would be a good fit on the DS since the levels are somewhat smaller and more confined, the planets at least.

In other news i have like 52 stars.

Seriously. It's so hard, I never even completed it. Completed. I beat it sure, but I didn't get every single shine sprite. Why? 'Cause I didn't get EVERY FRIGGIN LITTLE BLUE COIN IN THE GAME! Yeah, that game's harder to complete than DKC II.

DKC2 is hard to complete?

Also, so is Sunshine?

'Cause, um, I had no problem with either.

yeah it's too bad they aren't making a 3-d mario game on the DS.

I'd disagree. Unless they find a better way to control a 3D Mario game with a stylus than they did with SM64 DS. I always try to play the game when I'm home for a holiday and have access to my brother's DS games. And it's always frustrating. :( :'(

Now, New Super Mario Bros. 2 would be swell. Perhaps with a more "open" overworld map, like SMB3. And without the gimmicky OMG TOUCH THE SCREEN FOR YOUR EXTRA ITEM. Because I like to think we're past the point where every DS game has to use the Touch Screen, even if it's not the most effective method of control.

DKC2 is hard to complete?

Also, so is Sunshine?

'Cause, um, I had no problem with either.

Whoa! Humbled, here. Well actually, I never played DKC II, rather took the word of another guy that it was one of the most difficult games to complete for the SNES. Something about a few of the DK coins being real hard to find.

As for Sunshine, I haven't gotten all the blue coins on any level but Corona Mountain. How many blue coins are there on each conventional level anyway? I'm gonna say thirty...? Seriously, how do you guys do it? How many hours do you have on your files where you've collected every single blue coin? There's just so many random things to try or do that give you them. I can't imagine being able to get them all.

I liked Super Mario Sunshine, a lot. It was fun.

Don't see why you guys say it's so bad.

Bad? Who said it was bad? I may have come across wrong, but personally, I like the difficult games the most.

I'd disagree. Unless they find a better way to control a 3D Mario game with a stylus than they did with SM64 DS. I always try to play the game when I'm home for a holiday and have access to my brother's DS games. And it's always frustrating. :( :'(

Now, New Super Mario Bros. 2 would be swell. Perhaps with a more "open" overworld map, like SMB3. And without the gimmicky OMG TOUCH THE SCREEN FOR YOUR EXTRA ITEM. Because I like to think we're past the point where every DS game has to use the Touch Screen, even if it's not the most effective method of control.

I always played Mario 64 DS with the D-pad. I never had any problems with it but I'll agree it was less ideal than an analog stick.

I always played Mario 64 DS with the D-pad. I never had any problems with it but I'll agree it was less ideal than an analog stick.

Not having any more freedom than 45-degree intervals was too frustrating for me.

Actually, I don't think the touch screen controls would have been too bad, if the circle which emulated an analog stick on the touch screen wasn't able to be moved partially off-screen. There's no reason I should ever be touching the rightmost portion of the touchscreen and not be moving right. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I finally beat the game for the first time with 60 stars and I have to say this is the funnest game I've played in a long time. Every time I loaded it and played I had a huge smile on my face. There's just something about Mario games and beating them that always feels so rewarding. Definitely one of my favorite games EVER. Now to work on 120 stars.

One thing I wonder is how they'll do the next Mario game. It seems like going back to Mario 64 style and not keeping the whole gravity walking around planets thing would be a downgrade.