Super Mario Galaxy

SwordBreaker

Been pecking at it for the past few days. 116 stars with Mario. Having just finished the purple coin and daredevil comets for the Melty Molten Galaxy (or whatever it's called), I set the remote down, and the droplets of sweat were visible on it. Those daredevil runs are stressful.

Also, bump. This thread deserves it.

• 1 year later...

You're damn right it does! My girlfriend has a Yoshi muscle shirt. She bought it herself, and came home wearing it out of nowhere and I wanted to marry her right there. Sorry, that really doesn't have anything to do with the game.

But the original is a good game. I'm hoping that it the sequel will differentiate itself enough to stand on its own. Nintendo's been spitting out a lot of Mario games, but I don't know how to quit buying them.

The Bee Suit was alright, IMO. I would've liked the fire flower and ice flower powers to be a little more permanent, though.

Also, the flight power needs to be used for more than one star this time.

Boo Mario was pretty funny, but it didn't see a whole lot of use, either. I hope it gets improved.

I'm also personally hoping for a few more sandbox-styled areas like Mario 64 had. Galaxy's levels were great fun but the game didn't offer a whole lot on exploration. Of course, if "exploration" means blue coins, well.... forget it then.

I'm also personally hoping for a few more sandbox-styled areas like Mario 64 had. Galaxy's levels were great fun but the game didn't offer a whole lot on exploration. Of course, if "exploration" means blue coins, well.... forget it then.

The Egg Galaxy or whatever (the first one) was the kind you're talking about, right?

Good Egg Galaxy has some openness, but it's not on the same level as Mario 64 had. For that matter, Peach's Castle just had more SECRETS. Secret areas, secret stars, etc. Galaxy doesn't have much of that. Every single star is easy to find because nothing is truly hidden. You either just click and select a galaxy or feed a luma. There's nothing to squirrel out in the observatory.

I'm also a bit sad that the openness of Mario 64 never made it to galaxy, I kind of liked it where they would give you a little hint about the star's location and then send you off to play. I was also somewhat annoyed at how levels in Galaxy would differ from star to star, where I felt like they were constantly roping off bits and pieces of levels to make them more linear.

Minor gripes, I still really loved Mario Galaxy, I just hope they bring some of that back in Galaxy 2.

• 1 month later...