Lost Magic

Citris

Ok, I know this is not a new game, but I still need to talk about it.

Did anyone enjoy this game? I've tried,and tried, and TRIED to like it, but every time something good happens, I see something that completely ruins it. And all this is ignoring the retarded uninspired "story".

-Sweet, a game where I can cast magic the by actually drawing runes...wait...why do I have a limited amount of time to enjoy this in battles?

-Cool! I can collect monsters, too! I can only use three, ok...wait...why am I also handicapped with Usage Points?

-Hmm, this is a pretty challenging game. Good thing I can level up to get more powerful...wait...Even at level thirty I have very little mana, life, and UP.

-I'll just level up my magic then...wait...my magic levels are lowered if I don't use that type for the battle.

-Wow, the storyline just genuinely branched...wait...now the wizards are impossible to beat.

I don't know why I feel so strongly about this game. Maybe I'm in love with its concept, so seeing it executed so terribly hurts me somehow. I just hope they make a sequel and fix everything. Your thoughts?

I've finally decided to just sell this game and relieve myself of this torture. I know that if I keep it I'll get nostalgic about its good aspects and forget its bad, then start playing it and go through this cycle of disappointment all over again.

So, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is good you say? Maybe I'll get that. I remember playing FFT on the PS1 and disliking it. Then again it was for about fifteen minutes, so I'm sure that opinion was made in haste.

I just want a good handheld game I can have fun with. I've beaten all the ones I have.

I've finally decided to just sell this game and relieve myself of this torture. I know that if I keep it I'll get nostalgic about its good aspects and forget its bad, then start playing it and go through this cycle of disappointment all over again.

So, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is good you say? Maybe I'll get that. I remember playing FFT on the PS1 and disliking it. Then again it was for about fifteen minutes, so I'm sure that opinion was made in haste.

I just want a good handheld game I can have fun with. I've beaten all the ones I have.

I give tactics advance the thumbs up. i never got around to finishing it but reading this thread made me remember that it was pretty cool.

never played tactics for ps1 yet though, but almost everyone says it's better.

FFT is hard to get into. I've put 30+ hours into it over the years, starting over several times, and It's effing hard if you don't know exactly what you're doing and how you want to plan out your characters. You have to work your ass off before you get to enjoy it. I played the PSX original and didnt make it far, and I started it over several times, getting a little better each time I figured out something.

It's one of those games where its very easy to screw yourself to the point of having to restart. I picked it up for the PSP and I've been trying to play through it, got a lot farther, but I recently got to a roadblock in my progress, near the end of chapter 1, and I've been putting off leveling for a while, but I play every now and then.

The game is hard has hell, but it's worth it when you actually understand it and can go into a battle and finally start to whoop ass.

And just so you know, the Tactics Advance games are a breeze compared to Tactics. Not to say that it's bad, because you still have to think, it's just a lot more fun, whereas Tactics is more rewarding. I personally like the character building aspects in Tactics Advance better than in the Original. In Tactics you get to build up your characters with abilities learned through equipment, like in FFIX.

Anyway, they're both great games and I think I logged like 300 hours into Tactics Advance just messing around and having a complete blast. And I did play through it several times, each more fun the last. Oh yeah, and getting a mastered Thief in the very beginning of Tactics Advance is sooooo much fun when you can steal any awesome item you want and learn arse abilities in the beginning of the game.

Wow, I've typed waaaay too much about this XD.