Assassin's Creed

Strike911

Been looking forward to it. It seems like an excellent game, very interesting mechanics, like the completely usable environment and the hordes of interactive NPC's- They way they react when you bump into 'em or run by is fascinating and really makes me want to experiment with them. Also, I like the "If you get stabbed you're DEAD- no lifebar" thing. It looks like it may add a real challenge to the game, rather than just being able to run through and slash everything up if you want (one of the main problems I've always had with MGS is that in such a stealth-centric game, you can usually get through by gunning the entire place up- One-hit deaths sorta ups the ante and makes you think before running through the crowd and killing any opposition.)

All in all, it looks excellent and I can't wait to get my hands on it (except I probably WILL be waiting until Christmas but whatever).

I've been incredibly excited about this until recently... Everyone who has played it recently seems to just be into the mood of going "yeah... yeah... this is, um, awesome. very, very... um, awesome." as far as controls and stuff. I'm really wanting this game to be one of the best games ever, as the premise seems really interesting and the parkour stuff seems awesome for an assassin game.

So basically, I'm hoping SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly that its going to be good, but everyone (gamespot, ign, 1up and the like) seems kinda lackluster in their coverage, which doesn't sound good. I am just hoping it isnt going to be an over-hyped piece of shit *cough*Lair*cough*.

I've been incredibly excited about this until recently... Everyone who has played it recently seems to just be into the mood of going "yeah... yeah... this is, um, awesome. very, very... um, awesome." as far as controls and stuff. I'm really wanting this game to be one of the best games ever, as the premise seems really interesting and the parkour stuff seems awesome for an assassin game.

So basically, I'm hoping SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly that its going to be good, but everyone (gamespot, ign, 1up and the like) seems kinda lackluster in their coverage, which doesn't sound good. I am just hoping it isnt going to be an over-hyped piece of shit *cough*Lair*cough*.

Look at it this way, it's not being over-hyped. Which is good. If they were over-hyping it, I would be way more worried about it. As far as what I've seen in video clips from E3 and TGS for this game, it's all been simply amazing. I've been looking forward to this since the first time I saw the initial video. It got me so psyched. What really has me psyched is the era in which it takes place, it's actually one of my favorite eras, sans Crusades, but still, a great era in history to learn lessons from nonetheless.

Of course...from the looks of things, some people in the game world are going to be learning lessons of pain, courtesy the assassin! LOL! GOOD TIMES!

37/40 is a ridiculously high score for Famitsu. They tend to be very Japanese-biased.

In retrospect, Halo 3 got 37/40.

See, I personally dislike the Halo series, but I played through Halo 3 with my friend and had a great time. It's not groundbreaking in any way, but it is a solid game.

I, too, hope Assassin's Creed can pull off everything it's been boasting. If it does, then there's hope for the stealth genre. My favorite series being Thief, but the AI in those is so retarded.

EDIT:

Huh, I just noticed I said the same thing as Bigfoot.

See, I personally dislike the Halo series, but I played through Halo 3 with my friend and had a great time. It's not groundbreaking in any way, but it is a solid game.

I, too, hope Assassin's Creed can pull off everything it's been boasting. If it does, then there's hope for the stealth genre. My favorite series being Thief, but the AI in those is so retarded.

EDIT:

Huh, I just noticed I said the same thing as Bigfoot.

Halo 3 was as solid as my straight 6 while playing it, which is to say, rock hard.

No but seriously, what are the main points to this game? It looks pretty cool, but the only gameplay mechanic that I've seen of particular note is how interactive the crowds are(which is pretty cool).

Halo 3 was as solid as my straight 6 while playing it, which is to say, rock hard.

No but seriously, what are the main points to this game? It looks pretty cool, but the only gameplay mechanic that I've seen of particular note is how interactive the crowds are(which is pretty cool).

The fight system sounds really awesome. I'll let this video tell all about it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27509.html

Ok, they really paid a lot to advertise the game on TV. I saw THREE ads last night (I think on Comedy Central) that were about two minutes in length. I work in TV and produce ads, so I know that two minutes of time during prime shows like South Park costs a lot. With our station it can cost over $1,000 for a 30 second ad to show once during stuff like the Superbowl, so I can't imagine what they paid to show those ads I saw.

And from what I could see in the ads there isn't a PC version right now :(

Guess I'll just nab the 360 version at some point. Should look sexy on the projector :)

I know Hideo Kojima said he and some of his team were really looking forward to Assassin's Creed in one of the developer blogs/podcast deals at Konami's website. Must be something special if he's interested in it. Of course, I heard that like a year ago (possibly longer).

I've got my copy reserved for my PS3. The escape sequences look like a hell of a lot of fun, as does sneaking up on people and killing them. Hey, can't go wrong with the developers of Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia.

It's supposed to have a real, clean and polished Hollywood style presentation in-game, which is really quite a feat to pull off. Some of those gameplay videos Ubi-Soft has shown really do make you feel like you're experiencing the storytelling right there in front of you. Hell, in that one assassination demo video they have, that guy is ranting like he would in-game as if in an ordinary cut-scene. Very cool stuff.

Swordfighting looks interesting and fun since it's one-hit kills, dodging, and parry based... but honestly, I'm not expecting it to be as fun as running around the cities' rooftops and silent killing people. :) Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

All in all, this is one game I'm really looking forward to.

6 more days... :)

I think I'll go for an Ubisoft two-bee tomorrow. Naruto Rise of the Ninja and Assassin's Creed. I swear Ubisoft is becoming one of my most favorite game companies. Everything they touch seems to turn into gold. Even a Naruto game.

I'm totally with you, I remember back in the day when they were just a run of the mill 3rd party developer, but a lot of stuff from then in the last couple years have been amazing titles... real high quality stuff coming from them.

... plus they're not EA.