Assassin's Creed

Strike911

I was extremely excited about this game when I first heard about it.

Then I wasn't because the wait was just way too long.

Then, I was extremely excited again when it started popping up again, and I saw some videos - the game looked amazing and I was more and more hyped about it every day.

Now, I'm not so excited. I know a guy who played it early because he works at the game store, and he says his impressions are "below meh". The one-button fighting system is terrible, and it's more of an action game than a stealth game. There's no use trying to sneak at all when the fighting system lets you just run in and kill everyone. Apparently has terrible AI, and horrendous controls.

I hope he's wrong as hell because I was really excited about it, and I love stealth games. Please be wrong... :-(

I was extremely excited about this game when I first heard about it.

Then I wasn't because the wait was just way too long.

Then, I was extremely excited again when it started popping up again, and I saw some videos - the game looked amazing and I was more and more hyped about it every day.

Now, I'm not so excited. I know a guy who played it early because he works at the game store, and he says his impressions are "below meh". The one-button fighting system is terrible, and it's more of an action game than a stealth game. There's no use trying to sneak at all when the fighting system lets you just run in and kill everyone. Apparently has terrible AI, and horrendous controls.

I hope he's wrong as hell because I was really excited about it, and I love stealth games. Please be wrong... :-(

Apparently it is not quite a great game but just a really good and almost-too ambitious. I'll still buy it because there hasn't been too many adventure/stealth games in a while.

To me, that sounds like Bioshock with all its nagging faults but still ended up being a great experience.

Yeah. I was wondering how this game was going to be received by the public. My friend showed me countless demos and youtube videos. It does look awesome, but yes, very ambitious. Something this ambitious would almost have to be a dissapointment in some ways. From what I understood, it was released just the other day... but my friend still didn't get it. :( Instead he got Super Mario Galaxy. So I never really got to touch this game at all.

In the end, the game is probably overhyped but in its own right, still a quality play through without any severe faults. I look forward to full in-depth reviews from you guys soon. :)

Okay, I've played this game about 10 hours, and I'm in freakin' love.

This is a great game. I don't know who gave it bad reviews on GameFaqs or whatever, this game is incredible.

Chasing people is exciting. Platforming is actually fun! Just... the whole experience is great.

My only gripe thus far is that I've come across a few glitchy situations that caused it to freeze twice in the time I've played it. Other than that, I've had an absolute blast playing this game. Fighting system is simple, but incredibly fun.

Just... wow. :) Good times.

It's pretty strange, though... The guy can leap from ungodly heights into hay bales without breaking everything given to him, but he has an acute allergy to water.

Yeah, it's funny how he can't swim.

There's something about throwing a knife at a rooftop archer, and then witnessing him fall into a busy street below that makes me smile. Maybe it's the crowd that gets freaked out, or maybe it's just seeing him stumble off the side of the roof. I can't put my finger on it yet, but damn is it fun. haha.

It's pretty strange, though... The guy can leap from ungodly heights into hay bales without breaking everything given to him, but he has an acute allergy to water.

I kind of like that. AC reminds me of MGS in that regard: it's a serious game with a wry sense of humor (like after the first assassination when you read Lucy's email).

Micro-request. Actually, it's more of a curiousity. For anyone who does finish AC, the kanji on the wall. I just simply want to know what does it say.

I've read up on every forum and side-site possible about the meanings behind the emails for and from Lucy, the meanings all within the "Visions of the Future" part, and only the kanji is the missing piece for me.

Google didn't help with that part at all.

I kinda wish that when guards were alerted out in the free-roam Kingdom, you could make the alert level drop just by running off. I galloped a mile away from the scene where my pursuers have no chance of finding me, but I have to dismount and dive into a nearby haybale to lose them? :|

Otherwise, awesome game. Loving it.

You can. Run far enough and the alert eventually disappears.