OCR00854 - Castlevania: Circle of the Moon "Rude Awakening"

Ginnsu

What exactly do you mean reencoded at 44100?

As a .wav file? A constant bit-rate MP3? Be more specific.

'Kay.

MP3 format, 44100 Hz. The variable bitrate isn't a problem, but the fact that it's encoded at 48000 Hz prevents me from playing this song on my RioVolt or burning it to an audio CD.

I don't intend to make demands of you, Rize, but consider this: my inability to play the song on the go would be a nonissue if it weren't so damn good. :)

Sorry; I'm retarded.

It is in fact Nukkus' Kiss the Abyss, an arrangement of the same track, that has been encoded at 48000 Hz. Your own version is perfect.

:oops:

Well, that's fine. Nukkus' version isn't any good anyway

j/k :D

hehe.. Funny thing is, I almost skipped my mix since someone had already done a rock mix (I feel like I'm repeating myself). But as I listened to it, I didn't like it much and it was synth guitar (not necessarily bad, I'm listening to a good synth guitar right now). I suppose I didn't particularly dig the overall method of mixing in Nukkus' track. It sounded a bit messy.

Oh well. I like some of Nukkus' other stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't been able to get much done on my latest mix unfortunately. You see, the mix has a triplet feel to it, and I forgot just how much I hate writing drums in triplet feel. It probably has more to do with skill than anything, but I just feel restricted in a triplet feel.

I'll probably switch gears and mix something else (from this game/series or another entirely).

My very first mix was from Mega Man 6, but it wasn't really mixed. It was just a rerecording of a tune with guitar in place of one treble track. I may fully remix that and release it on OCR as my next project.

My very first mix was from Mega Man 6, but it wasn't really mixed. It was just a rerecording of a tune with guitar in place of one treble track. I may fully remix that and release it on OCR as my next project.

That would rock. MM6 has one of my favorite NES soundtracks.

• 2 months later...

Awesome, a rock/metal castlevania mix that's not vampire killer or bloody tears. It's a great mix, very solid, and it covers fresh material. I like how straightforward it is. Just guitar and drums, no flimsy synths, no techno/electronica stuff mixed in, not even any unwelcomed variations on the original tune, just a straight conversion from crappy GBA synths to rockin guitars. I wish there were more of these around.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Straight-up metal is something rarely seen on OC, if you ask me. But this is a great rendition of the Catacombs song, either way. I like how it goes immediately establishes the original melody, and goes through the song in a straightforward manner, but it's got plenty of extra flourishes and additions to the original song to not seem tired or unoriginal. Nice work on the solo at the end.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Rize is (at least now) definitely capable of better sound, especially with his drums. But this piece is not bad. It's (clearly) repetitive, and I'm not sure if the solo + ending is enough to redeem the whole piece, but this works if you really like the theme. It could be a lot more aggressive, in the sound and in the arrangement departments.

Still, I won't deny that I can replay the whole song in my mind, lol. It's worth listening to, but your mileage may vary.

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00854 - Castlevania: Circle of the Moon "Rude Awakening"