Trance remix - "Into Philadelphia"

zircon

Continuing in the tradition of the last Philadelphia-area remix I did, "ENEMY", this one is based on a pop rock song called "Into Philadelphia" by the band IKE. The original is very catchy and the writer/singer/guitarist, John Faye, was excited to have me remixing it. I changed the structure somewhat, as well as some of the chords, and went with a sort of anthem/uplifting trance mood. Very proud of the production on this especially since I programmed pretty much all the synths from scratch myself in Zebra 2. Let me know what you think.

http://www.soundtempest.net/Into%20PHL%20Remix.mp3

(remember; I didn't write the melody or sing/record the vocals!)

Enjoy! :)

(Browsing forums, downloading here and there; first listen.)

Streamlined, in the sense that the mix flows without any weird distrations; solid. Pure/Clean/Pro. Uplifting. Rich/Wide.

Second listen. The last part with vocals and no instruments; I think you showed restraint by not using any fancy gapping effect or something to that effect here. It sounds like the vocal performance and your arrangement exist in the same universe.