MEETUP: NYC Dec. 29th - PM for Cellphone #s!

Bahamut

Well the thing is, I'm not much for planning to go into the city as far as a group like ours is concerned. When I go into the city, I usually do something different each time, although it's usually more centered on me or who I'm with (i.e. Virgin Megastore, museums, Broadway shows, small bar, etc.)...hence why I've been asking but apparently nobody else has ideas either.

I'll try to think of something tomorrow I guess, although I'm disappointed you guys are more uninventive than me.

Ok, so I'm quite broke atm...personally, I'd forgo a fancy dinner.

Goddammit... I was really looking forward to a nice medium rare sirloin with an '87 merlot... WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS TO ME?!

So as far as I see it, we'd get lunch at some random place (East Village maybe?), stop by the Virgin Megastore, go to Chinatown Fair, and...what? One more thing would be nice to put on the itinerary before a dinner I say.

Guitar Center on 59th?

Goddammit... I was really looking forward to a nice medium rare sirloin with an '87 merlot... WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS TO ME?!

I already had my rape come back dinner, spending $53 at one damn restaurant (Spice Market).

Guitar Center on 59th?
Hmm, that's all the way uptown...would it make sense to eat dinner up there? Keep in mind that we'll be around the east side of Manhattan, and the most convenient subway is the 4, 5, & 6 trains. We will need to get back to Grand Central, so I guess it's feasible...and you don't mean 59th right? I remember it being closer than that...

Edit: Oh, I was thinking of a different store. But I do remember, for the 2005 meetup, we did go to a Guitar Center on 14th St., which we could stop by as well if people want (it's 1 1/2 blocks away from Union Square, which is where the Virgin Megastore is).

Edit #2: Also, if you have cellphones, you might want to grab some cell #s, so PM people! And I hope you have a cellphone now Kroze...last time in Philly was a disaster.

Edit #2: Also, if you have cellphones, you might want to grab some cell #s, so PM people! And I hope you have a cellphone now Kroze...last time in Philly was a disaster.

Hate to say it... but... He STILL doesn't have one... I keep telling him to get one so when we go to cons they don't have to use my cell to get in contact with him but noooo... he can't even spring for a prepaid one. Paranoid lil bugger...

Wait...so should I even bother bringing the 360 GH2 then or no?

At least bring the guitar since I only have the Rock Band one... and I sadly found out it doesn't work with Guitar Hero games yet Guitar Hero guitars work with Rock Band....

Also Rock Band is a lousy whore that likes to freeze up in the middle of songs or at the end of an epic song depriving you of your win.

I'll be down there in the city at 12:00.

Also, I think I'll just take the train home to new rochelle, then drive to pleasantville, will save me money in gas. If anyone lives around there, then you are more than welcome to catch a ride with me. My number is 1-914-406-6119.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to find time to case downtown for some ideas. But East Village is a great area to hang out. There should be no prob finding a good place to eat (I know at least one pizza/pasta joint with decent seating); St. Marks is full of "local-flavor" record/CD stores if anyone's interested; the Multimedia 1.0 store I used to love going to... turns out it's now the VideoGamesNewYork store whose stuff we saw being sold at Otakon last year (go figure), and I'd like to check the place out. And I've never been to Guitar Center, so, also cool. After Chinatown Fair, we should be good for the day. I'll be ready with maps if needed.

Wes, Pes, and And should still have my cell #... that'll do.

Weather out here, after an overnight rain, will be pretty mild for a winter day (50 for a high); jacket or OCR hoodie might be enough.

I am looking for a ride right now, I may be able to drive up. is there any room left at zircon's place?

Yep, there is still room left. You better make it, Doug!

LeonK: $20 is kind of low. Getting to Pville alone will be about $14-15 round trip... to say nothing of food. While you can eat on the cheap, $5 for basically 24 hours worth of food is not a lot.

Yep, there is still room left. You better make it, Doug!

LeonK: $20 is kind of low. Getting to Pville alone will be about $14-15 round trip... to say nothing of food. While you can eat on the cheap, $5 for basically 24 hours worth of food is not a lot.

Seeing as he's from New Rochelle, he'd have to change trains at Fordham to the New Haven line. Driving may very well be his best option.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to find time to case downtown for some ideas. But East Village is a great area to hang out. There should be no prob finding a good place to eat (I know at least one pizza/pasta joint with decent seating); St. Marks is full of "local-flavor" record/CD stores if anyone's interested; the Multimedia 1.0 store I used to love going to... turns out it's now the VideoGamesNewYork store whose stuff we saw being sold at Otakon last year (go figure), and I'd like to check the place out. And I've never been to Guitar Center, so, also cool. After Chinatown Fair, we should be good for the day. I'll be ready with maps if needed.

Wes, Pes, and And should still have my cell #... that'll do.

Weather out here, after an overnight rain, will be pretty mild for a winter day (50 for a high); jacket or OCR hoodie might be enough.

Fairly good suggestions, Jose. I live in Stuyvesant Town and have been to a fair amount of nice places nearby, and the East Village is actually not a bad place to chill, there's a restaurant in the area called "Around The Clock", relatively good food and very decent prices. Also next to it is a japanese market called Sunrise Mart, and i know half of you would love that stuff. Astor Place right nearby as well, nice big Barnes & Noble if you guys want to stop there and guys want to check some books out. Some billiards in the neighborhood.

That said, i'm working tomorrow so i won't be able to make it. Sorry guys, enjoy.