OCR01643 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Obsessión Nocturnal"

djpretzel

Really really clean sounding stuff. I wish the congas or bongos at the beginning could have had a presence in the middle somewhere, but that's just cuz I love the sound of them =P Amazing work on the guitar, and very intricate timings. Good contrast with the section at 2:13. Gives our ears some good rest for the climax. It's too bad this couldn't get on to the project, but I'm kind of glad that you diverged and subbed it on your own. Hopefully this'll raise a bit of attention towards Seiken Densetsu 3 *hint* *hint* Anyways, two thumbs up!

I love that this is at its heart an upgrade of the original. Nothing strays too far in terms of style or composition, and while I’m all for complete re-envisioning of sources, something like this allows me to focus first on the original tune and the composers intent, rather than initially focusing on what the remixer has brought to the piece. Take it as you will, but I think even the ridiculously great guitar work takes a back seat to the revamped but true-to-the-source hypnotic melody, which imo is great compliment given the intentions of this site. So for me, the connection with the original is immediate, the connection is powerful and that connection is the bit that sealed the deal for me. Great work as usual sixto.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. I consider myself a fan of both Sixto and Seiken Densetsu 3, so I expected this to be good, but not THIS good. The rhythms are head-bangingly good and I cannot picture the leads being played in any way other than in a power stance or on the floor convulsing. This doesn't diverge from the original source tune much, nor does it need to. The piano was also a nice touch. Instant favorite.

Easily one of the most air guitar worthy songs on the site. You get a lot more out of this song if you have long hair. If there's ever an OCR version of Guitar Hero, make sure this is on it.

I love the ReMix, it rocks.

There's only one minor question I have... I think it resembles 'the secret of mana' more than it does 'obsession' (I checked and double-checked with my SPCs, and I still think it resembles 'the secret of mana'...) - am I really as deaf as I'm now thinking I am?

But, still, this remix is great. Humongously fantastic, I tell you!! ^_~

Well this mix has blown me away, it provides the type of sound my ears have been dying to hear. When I came here I heard a few tunes by this Sixto guy, now I can say Sixto Sounds without trying to remember his name.

Simply loving it!

Easily one of the most air guitar worthy songs on the site. You get a lot more out of this song if you have long hair. If there's ever an OCR version of Guitar Hero, make sure this is on it.

I couldn't agree more! I used to have long hair but I got it cut because my mother offered to pay me money, I used that money to help pay off my new guitar :P.

• 2 months later...

Amazing, how could I have not reviewed this? This piece is brilliant, combining arguably two of the most expressive instruments in use (guitar and piano) into a seamless mix.

Intro and outro has a bit of a novel feel (and makes me think it's related to either the Black Market segment, or Hawk/Lise's arc - obviously, it's time I started SD3 again).

Guitar is rocking. What else could it be from Sixto? That's right, NOTHING else.

The piano adds another element to the mix that would otherwise feel ... empty? Not sure. I love rockfests, but this feels more complete with the piano segment. It softens the mix. Yes, that's the wording.

Sixto proves he can consistently make the awesome musics. Another worthy addition to the 5-Stars.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I love the ReMix, it rocks.

There's only one minor question I have... I think it resembles 'the secret of mana' more than it does 'obsession' (I checked and double-checked with my SPCs, and I still think it resembles 'the secret of mana'...) - am I really as deaf as I'm now thinking I am?

I'm pretty sure this is correct, or at least the remix takes elements from both 'Obsession' and 'Secret of Mana'. The main melody definitely follows SoM.

Just kinda randomly noticed this get bumped but have to say I'm glad I did, Obession is one of my favorites from SD3, and this really rocks out!

Kinda makes me wonder why I didn't do a search for SD3 mixes before this, but hey, better late than never!

• 5 months later...

One of my favourite tracks of all time from Sixto.

Both the piano and guitar in this are used really well and bind the song together to make something awesome.

Yes! Yes! A thousand times, YES!!

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the intro and ending; it feels like some exotic dance music. Then Whamo! Guitars! Awesome Guitars! Plus they help the listener keep in mind that this is the source/baseline.

There are a lot of textures constantly happening here in this mix: guitar solos, piano parts, melody driven parts, and so on. Making This is a really cool piece and one of Sixto's best.

• 1 year later...

Just stumbled upon this today. I've been a long-standing Sixto fan. It was he who introduced me and my Bro to OC to begin with. Or more so following a lead on his music ended us up here. :P

Anyway, I love it. And I'm upset I didn't find it sooner. Years later this is still amazing.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01643 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Obsessión Nocturnal"