Poochy Is Stupid. [Resub]

AMT

Alright, so I've totally reworked and re-mixed my recently rejected submission, and it's already sounding a ton better. It's of the Forest Stage from Tetris Attack. I think I'm ready to post it here to get criticism and fix everything. Tear this thing apart and let me know exactly what needs fixing!

Redone version to be resubmitted: http://myweb.cableone.net/rebelart/Poochy.mp3

Old version that was rejected: http://myweb.cableone.net/rebelart/FinalPoochyIsStupid.mp3

Thank you for your time, and please leave feedback!

It definitely sounds better, and I have to say I quite like what you did with the arrangement. The drums definitely sound alright in terms of production, but they could use a lot more fills during the fast parts to prevent repetitiveness.

The recording quality on the guitars sounds decent, but I can't help but hear some cracking and popping throughout the whole song. Also, I'm not sure, but your guitars seem to be out of tune. I know the judges disliked the big amount of reverb, but I think the guitars could use a slight hint of that anyway, as well as some Stereo FX to make them sound a bit less thin.

Also, the left-panned piano should definitely be turned up since I can barely hear it through the other instruments. I can definitely imagine hearing some strings playing there too, would give it a nice ballady feel, and would do a lot to fill out the soundspace, which sounds a bit empty, so maybe you can try adding those. Overall I like it though, keep on it :D.

That bird that comes in sounds way fake lol. There's tons of better bird samples you could find (PM me if you really need some). And yes, I really started noticing the out of tune guitar notes around 1:40 up until the end. And the slight crackling, I mostly noticed during the bass solo. The overall timing on the transitions seems off at times too. Don't know what programs your using, but it's as if some parts are slightly off the grid time-wise.

I suggest you relax your ear for a least a few days, then come back fresh and really listen deeply to this in order to pick out what we are saying for yourself.