PRC107: Six Degrees of Music Making Freedom (Descent)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 107

PRCv5-3

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! It was all about baseball with robots last contest, where Base Wars ended up receiving coverage from a couple of competitors. And after a fair game with no foul balls required, Aussie judgefgt TO scored his first win a while, and a close one to match as well.

This contest, we're returning to 3d first person shooters. And it already had 2 PRCs under its name way before I took the reigns, but that shouldn't be a bother, right? Anyway, who's up for launching fire in a six-degrees-of-freedom environment?

prc107.gif

It's the credits music from Descent. Not sure if it's been used before in PRC. Let me know if it has and I'll pick something else.

Kudos on keeping the competition running all this time.

Descent - Credits

MIDI

Those who like to use MIDIs with their arrangements, this has shown no excuses to get stuff done on time this time. Do it, otherwise TO would sick a rabid joey on you all.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your image to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SUNDAY, November 18th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

Naw, not neccessarily, I just thought PRC was more self-contained, like it was all within OCR... then you could just upload your submission where ever and just link it back in the thread, easy as pie. Why this simple process got thrown over to thasauce is beyond me, but I'm sure there was some good reason for it so I won't complain. I was just asking cause I was thinking of trying out and submitting something this week, or perhaps a week in the future.

Naw, not neccessarily, I just thought PRC was more self-contained, like it was all within OCR... then you could just upload your submission where ever and just link it back in the thread, easy as pie. Why this simple process got thrown over to thasauce is beyond me, but I'm sure there was some good reason for it so I won't complain. I was just asking cause I was thinking of trying out and submitting something this week, or perhaps a week in the future.

Well there are several reasons why it got a move to ThaSauce.

Reason 1 is that not everyone is able to provide themselves with their own web storage so that could be an issue when they try to submit their own songs.

The second reason is that even if PRC originated from OCR, there's this awkward belief being passed around that djpretzel is completely against that sort of thing and felt that tucking them away at a quieter part of the forums would cause activity to drop. Hence, third-party support in the case of TS would help boost its support that way.

And this may be a silly final reason but it had to be stated anyway - the tallying system on there is a lot easier to manage than Excel spreadsheets (which I used prior to then). :P

Hang on - djp is against remixing competitions? Why is that? Aplologies I have the wrong the end of the stick.

What Rexy is trying to say is that a lot of people feel that DJP has shoehorned these competitions into a less important place in the community (I.E. not being able to bump the compo to the main page), not that he actually is 'anti-competition'.

The mixing stage is over. And now, we move on to the voting, and it's all a straight forward process.

* Go to the PRC page there and fill out the form at the bottom of the page - decide which of the two songs you prefer with a feasible description.

* Click "submit" and get back into the Thanksgiving rush (non-American residents need not apply).

You have until Thursday, November 22nd at 4:59AM to make your vote. The winner gets to choose the source tune for PRC108!

Alex Smith - Mr Real Ale Alex

Chickenwarlord - Foreign Currency