Irategamer Videos "intro music" question

DKnight2066

Greetings All,

Been watching some of the game review videos made by Irategamer over at YouTube. I asked him what the intro music was that he used to this video:

...and he responded that I should come here.

Unfortunately, he never took the time to actually tell me the NAME of the remix that he used as his intro music. I know that it sounds like "Requiem for a Tower", a remix of a piece by by Clint Mansell, but thats as much info as I have.

I PMed Irategamer back asking him for a specific remix name, but i've gotten no response as yet. Any help on this would be most appreciated, as I did a search for "Requiem" and "Requiem for a Dream" and didn't come up with any accurate results. The original "Requiem for a Tower" was an amazing piece of music, and whatever this remix is that Irategamer uses sounds equally great.

My thanks for any help on this.

DKnight2066

I've never heard that song, but damn... this guy is like a carbon-copy of James Rolfe [the Angry Video Game Nerd], he even reviewed some of the same games as him!

Anyway, if you're talking about the theme to Requiem for a Dream (which was also used in the Trailer for The Two Towers), then this wouldn't be the place to look, OverClocked ReMix only has remixes of songs from video games.

Sorry I couldn't help you find the song, though.

I don't recognize the intro music, but the lemmings track at the end can be found here:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00105/

Maybe that's what he was referring to?

Wait... Irate Gamer? Angry Video Game Nerd? That English guy with the pithy comments? How many of these guys are there?

Those are the three that I know of. Although Zero Punctuation is the only one of the three I actually feel like watching on a regular basis.

Hey Everyone,

Well, I finally got another reply back from Irategamer. I asked him what remix he was referring to, here on Ocremix.org, that he used as his intro music. It seems as though he either forgot my original question, or has more devious intentions, since he simply said to search for "Ghosts and Goblins".

Taking his advice, I did search for Ghosts and Goblins here...downloaded the two available remixes for the NES game...and listened. Neither one had anything to do with the "intro" I asked for, but one -was- the clip used in the -middle- of his Ghosts and Goblins review.

As for conveniently -not- answering my "intro music" question, it's clear that it's a remix of "Requiem for a Dream", though who made the remix is unknown to me. It has come to my attention that he is now selling DVD's of his reviews on his website, and that this intro is a part of those videos. I'm going to step out on a limb here and be the conspiracy theorist, by saying that it's probably not legal for him to use such a remix in a "product" that he makes profit from. I don't really care one way or another what he does with a 15 second blurb of music, but my theory does (possibly) explain his reluctance to answer my original question, in order to keep himself out of legal trouble.

Who knows...more internet drama I guess. There's already so much ranting about him stealing content from AVGN that I can't keep up with all of it. These days, I try to steer clear of web drama since I just don't have the time to waste hours on 20 forums to see who is telling the truth and who is lying. I enjoy his videos for the most part, and thats basically why they were created. People disagree all the time...nothing new there. heh

Thanks for the posts guys. Always enjoy a decent video game chat.

An "Old School" Gamer,

DKnight2066

--------

To: "about:blank" - Yea. I know Ocremix.org only hosts Fan-made content; no copyrighted material. At the time, I was going by what Irategamer told me, when he said it was a Remix and to come here to find it. Though as I said, he was very vague beyond that.

To: "NZman" - Nope, not the Lemmings remix, but the one you hear for the first 15 secs or so on his latest videos. Search the net for the song "Requiem for a Tower" (AKA: Requiem for a Dream), listen to it, then compare it to the intro music you hear in the video URL I posted in my first post in this thread. Aside from different styling, it's identical.