OCR01644 - Final Fantasy VII "Golden Feathers"

djpretzel

Seven hours and nary a review in sight?!?!?!? For shame, OCR. For shame.

So this song! I preferred Too Much Fighting over this, but that is just PERSONAL PREFERENCE and it does not mean that this song is any less awesome! Because it goes from crazy dnb technoez to this sitar-tastic ethnic dealy. And while in my head, I'm thinking "this transition couldn't be more abrupt"... it works, somehow!

So hooray for Another Soundscape! I eagerly anticipate your next remix. I'm keeping an eye on you!

Literally. See that shadowy guy out your window? 'Sup.

lololjkjk :P

I actually really liked the source for this... Yeah, its kind of annoying at times, but its all cheery and happy and sets the mood for the happy-go-lucky Chocobo racing. Anyway, I'd have to say that I really like this version even more than the original. The synth-work is top-notch and the different moods going along with the instrumentation changes really is fun. Good work Anso, you sexy Swede!

I actually really liked the source for this... Yeah, its kind of annoying at times, but its all cheery and happy and sets the mood for the happy-go-lucky Chocobo racing. Anyway, I'd have to say that I really like this version even more than the original. The synth-work is top-notch and the different moods going along with the instrumentation changes really is fun. Good work Anso, you sexy Swede!

Hy Bound thinks I'm sexy! OMG! LOVE!

This is definitely one of the more unique tracks on the project, and fairly unique for ocr as a whole. I havent head a whole lotta happy-go-lucky synth stuff on here. I felt like the drum processing paled in comparison to the synth work, which was especially bright and well constructed/processed. This is a great track though, it definitely puts a bounce in my step and a smile on my face : )

• 2 weeks later...

Cool interpretation with all the slicing and dicing and beats and such, and then later the ethnic instruments; The way it is structured seems like 2 mixes of the same song, you should have mixed the 2 styles up a bit more; alternate them and such.

Still awesome work, the lead synth sounded great, and I liked the beats as well.

• 11 months later...

On drugs indeed. Whew, that was a trip. There is definately a musical journey in this one. Whether or not it's entirely in a dream, or something drug induced, I'm not quite sure, but there's a lot of cool stuff going on. The ethnic section in general is quite well done, and probably my favorite part of the mix.

The mix doesn't feel as long as it is, which is a good thing. I can't believe you got nearly 4 minutes out of the source, kudos on that.

Overall, trippy, and a good job.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Weird. Silly. Funny. Amusing. Interesting. Appealing. Enjoyable. Cool.

This one is a little bit of everything you can ask from a remix that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's not a joke at the expense of the listener, it's more a joke it shares with the listener. Great bass writing, great contrast between the high-energy parts and the 2:14 interlude - which has a simply awesome sound to it. Great stuff. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't really thought about this mix in terms of "on drugs" before, but, well...

hindsight is 20/20. :<

Oh, wow...

That really puts this whole mix into perspective and makes it that much more enjoyable. :)!!

This is an absolute must download. One just can't listen to this mix and not be smiling.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved this song!

It was great with all the cutting and the stuttering like, "Hmmm.... let's see what else we can do to throw off the listeners..."

When I listen to this my mind goes instantly back to the countless hours spent on that chocobo race track, in frustration, trying to find a way to beat Teioh... GRR!

Then, the far-eastern-sounding stuff starts (I'm thinking sitar?) and its like, "Okay, let's chill for a second while our giant chickens recover... Hey Joe! Play us something cool on that sitar!" Definately a good point in the music. (then again, what wasn't a good point in this piece?)

Again, I loved it, and it gets 5/5 stars from me!

BTW: sorry for the sucky review, people, just go listen to the song.

• 3 months later...

Ahh, early AnSo (which wasn't really that long ago I guess). His style is all over this - lots of various, interesting synths. Very upbeat, happy style in this case - which isn't surprising, considering the original. Speaking of the original, excellent job taking an annoying song and making it something interesting to listen to (without losing the source connections).

Arrangement is very well executed, bringing new instrument types in the mid/later sections to vary it up from the synth-dominated portions. An enjoyable listen and good addition to the project as a whole.

• 1 year later...
I felt that I needed something more since I wasn't that good at electronic music to begin with.

Goddamn, this is hilarious considering how good Mattias is with electronic music nowadays. He's come a damn long way since his noob days but this still feels like a very polished and enjoyable listen all the same. Just goes to show what a prolific and creative mixer he is and always has been :-)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01644 - Final Fantasy VII "Golden Feathers"