GH3 Dragon Force-Through the Fire and the Flames on Expert...

Forizzle

So, yeah... I got 93% of the way through on Hard... once. As far as I can tell, with the exception of on Expert, the trick is just to get through the intro; it's really the only patently rediculous part of the song. Everything else is rather doable, in retrospect.

Of course, the outro is designed to be a bitch, too. Although thanks to it, I got the achievement for failing a song past 90%, so I guess silver lining, eh?

--Jack Kieser

Through the fire and the flames, I will go OOONNNN!!!!

dunununun.

Yeah, it's no dobut harder to play this song on a guitar controller (which is akward for me because I don't play guitar,) as opposed to a keyboard, which I'm more accustomed to and which can be configured to your liking.

However, despite not owning any GH game, I can actually play some of the harder songs if I simply turn the guitar on its side and play it like I would "spread- style" on Stepmania. The only difference really is that there is an extra note key and a strumming key.

The intro and solos have me pretty bad, I can get the intro on Slower, but when I move it up to Slow, my ring finger keeps missing the blue (I'm using one hand to hold green and my other to tap the other four keys, prob not the best method, but I'll work on it)

Does anyone know if you can access the Live Leaderboards for this (or any 360 game) without a 360? I'm trying to find a kid's ranking (Otakujack, or something similar) on GH3... I believe at one time he was ranked in the single digits, which is wild. Weird having someone that insane live less than a mile from you.

More on topic, his five-starring of TTFAF makes me cry. I think his trick to beat the intro is tie a string around the green fret (since it's a part of all the chords there) and knock it off the button once the crazy intro is done. That may not really work, but it's what I heard, secondhand, so I don't know if that would work (conceptually, with all the HOs and POs).