GH3 Dragon Force-Through the Fire and the Flames on Expert...

Forizzle

Um ya, but my point kind of was: is it really that much harder to press buttons on a guitar-like controller and imitating a strumming motion as opposed to mashing buttons on your keyboard?

Not necessarily. It's just that there is more to GH than StepMania. In GH you've got 5 frets and a strum, and at most you'll need to press 3 frets at once (while strumming). As opposed to SM, where you've got 4 buttons (I guess 6, depending on the mode (or double that if you play double..)), pressing 2 simultaneously, at most. It also looks cooler playing a fake guitar than finger dancing on your keyboard.

Anyway, slightly more on topic. I can't even beat TTFATF on Medium ~_~;;;; Curse you people who've been playing the GH series for longer than the week I've had it on Wii! T_T

I personally can't get through the intro (unless I'm using both hands to push the frets and have someone else hitting the strum bar!), but I'm currently watching my roommate take it on. He consistently gets at least 80% of the way through it. Let's see if he makes it this time.

Wow. Damn. He actually just beat it, as I sat here writing this post.

Now, maybe he'll let me play enough so I can get past the final tier of songs on Expert. ^^;

I personally can't get through the intro (unless I'm using both hands to push the frets and have someone else hitting the strum bar!), but I'm currently watching my roommate take it on. He consistently gets at least 80% of the way through it. Let's see if he makes it this time.

Wow. Damn. He actually just beat it, as I sat here writing this post.

Now, maybe he'll let me play enough so I can get past the final tier of songs on Expert. ^^;

He beat it on expert? Pretty awesome.

So after playing through most of GH2 on Hard, GH3 on Hard is a lot easier. It took a lot of practice to get past the intro of "Story of My Life", but then I had no problems until the battle with Tom Morello (took one failure and one restart before I got him in the first third of the song). And before I quit for the night because my fingers were aching, I 4-starred "Bulls on Parade" and five-starred "When You Were Young." This all makes me so happy.