OCR00890 - *YES* Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 'Scriabin's Long Library' *FT*

Antonio Pizza

Hello,

Around 6th October I submitted a remix with the following info:

Game: Castlevania - Symphony of the Night

Original Song: theme for the Long Library

Original Composer: unknown (sorry.)

Remix's Title: Scriabin's Long Library

File info: 1:50, 192kbps, stereo, 44.1kHZ.

Don't mean to pester you, but if you or the other judges have any idea

on where it stands in the review process, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks, and good luck with everything.

Regards

Michael Contraveos

Ok, first of all, rename this "Chopin's Library" and I'll be ok with it. Because this is not NEARLY dissonant enough to be Scriabin. But.... compared to the other mediocre piano arrangements we've let in, such as mp's ffvi track, and the klutz's ct and ffvii tracks, this is pretty damn well arranged. See, I'd say "get a better recording, but I'm not sure if this was live or not. And if it WAS live, the complications behind trying to do this a second time are just too much and I'd say "fuck it" if I were you. So I'm going to say yes because the arrangement of this piece is just so much better than most of the other piano crap on this site.

YES

DC

Very nice arrangement, but yeah, the recording sounds really muffled. I'm not gonna ask you to go back and re-record cause that would be a pain in the ass. I will, however, ask that you go back and re-master to get some highs back in there. I was able to do a fairly passable job by just playing around with Winamp's EQ, so I know it's doable! So I'm gonna vote NO here and ask for a resubmit.