Is this a Song from Chrono Trigger? 11/16-JUSTICE IS SERVED

Maximum

Well okay, you have a valid point, but it seems unlikely to happen indeed. I think fan-made non-commercial remixes are actually giving the games more exposure, rather then taking away revenue that would come from official arrangements, since those aren't even that common anyway. With people like Mr. Soule himself supporting this site I think the industry agrees with me on that (even though yes, I know, Jeremy Soule isn't exactly the same as company execs).

I just listened to the disjointed one too. Does all trance sound like this? No melody and just beats forever? Because in both versions the only part that I feel is worthwhile to listen to it the section that he stole. Maybe someone should rain on his parade simply for being such a bad musician. Hahaha.

I just listened to the disjointed one too. Does all trance sound like this? No melody and just beats forever? Because in both versions the only part that I feel is worthwhile to listen to it the section that he stole. Maybe someone should rain on his parade simply for being such a bad musician. Hahaha.

Actually, you have to hear mainstream trance (and most club music) in the proper context to really 'get' it. Proper context meaning heavily inebriated in a packed club with dimmed lights and lots of special effects. The 'repetitiveness' quickly becomes one of the main merits then, in a club you really only need the beats to keep you going.

Actually, you have to hear mainstream trance (and most club music) in the proper context to really 'get' it. Proper context meaning heavily inebriated in a packed club with dimmed lights and lots of special effects. The 'repetitiveness' quickly becomes one of the main merits then, in a club you really only need the beats to keep you going.

Good techno etc. is composed thoughtfully, though. There's stuff that was obviously written only to hear while drunk on the dancefloor, and then there's deeper stuff that I can listen to on its own merit. I think you can "get" certain trance pieces outside of the club context.

Good techno etc. is composed thoughtfully, though. There's stuff that was obviously written only to hear while drunk on the dancefloor, and then there's deeper stuff that I can listen to on its own merit. I think you can "get" certain trance pieces outside of the club context.

I thought I made the distinction clear enough when I ninja-edited 'mainstream' in before 'trance'. I would never go as far as to say any genre of music is shallow in its entirety, and I agree whole-heartedly with you that there is enough techno out there that's well worth listening to by itself, I really do my best to like every possible musical genre. :)

I thought I made the distinction clear enough when I ninja-edited 'mainstream' in before 'trance'. I would never go as far as to say any genre of music is shallow in its entirety, and I agree whole-heartedly with you that there is enough techno out there that's well worth listening to by itself, I really do my best to like every possible musical genre. :)

boycott MTV though, cuz they just smell, among other things.

In an INCREDIBLE show of internet justice, the people at the label returned my email after investigation. They said the producers mentioned nothing about the melody coming from somewhere else and that they were not aware of this at all prior to my email. But the best part was the end of the email. They said, and I quote:

"We're already busy clearing up the situation and stopped all physical exploitation. Thanks for letting us know."

Things like this really restore my faith in the industry, even just a little bit. These guys were making money off the track and could have just said "we don't care" or simply not have responded at all. Consciences FTW.

Oh, I forgot one last thing.

OWNED