Is this a Song from Chrono Trigger? 11/16-JUSTICE IS SERVED

Maximum

Thank you! In THIS post alone, I FINALLY figured out what "FTW" stands for. Now how about that "10 char" business?

The '10 characters' thing has to do with there being a minimum number of letters you can have in a post, otherwise the forum doesn't let you post it.

It's just a way of getting around the system by people with nothing important to say and the mentally handicapped.

P.S. Nice work on serving the justice, guys.

Not that I can disagree 'cause I think it was more or less the right thing, but something about all this seems so wrong...

Ah, right and wrong are such annoying concepts. While the artist was not harming anyone, he was using material he had no right to. However, we cannot really claim that everyone here doesn't do something similar...

That "guilt" means that you know what you did was right, but that this kind of policing could lead to bad results.

OK, the difference between Montano and us is that

(1) We give very prominent credit to the original composer.

(2) We state, repeatedly, that we are doing arrangements/remixes... it's built right into the site name.

(3) We don't profit from anything.

Even with bands that are in the grey area of selling VGM arrangements w/o licensing (I won't name names), the artists make it VERY obvious that they are selling arrangements, and credit the source material.

There's really no comparison.

Not that I can disagree 'cause I think it was more or less the right thing, but something about all this seems so wrong...

That's because it's wrong to profit from unlicensed arrangements. Oh, wait...

Well, at least "More than Mario" gave credit where credit was due; this guy certainly made no attempt to do any such thing.

Seems unlikely we'll get any followup news from the label about this guy, but it would be nice if we could find out exactly what ends up happenning to him.

We are aware of that song and broke any connection with that and the track from Chrono Trigger.

Since you are the creator that YTMND, I suggest you read the thread I linked and get your facts straight before spreading any false hate or rumors.

Also, "just keeping in line with the hip hop scene". How horribly false of you to say that. If you did keep up, you would have known there is no connection between the two songs AND that people say nigga, not n****r. So ya, it is kind of offensive.

I don't get it, I only hear a pretty decent Jay-Z song, what has that to do with Chrono Trigger? :/

He "sampled" the forest song from CT, and didn't hide the fact very well.

And I'm not gonna argue my position of racial standing. I'm not a racist. Believe me or not, it doesn't change the truth. But I've no love for Jay-Z, regardless of color or his "samplings". I don't like him, so I see no reason why I should care about his feelings.

Did you even read the fucking thread I linked?

Before my last post, no I didn't. I just did, and admittedly I'm still not entirely convinced. Listening to this song brings CT to mind, so I can't help but think that was obviously the attempt, despite legal terminology. Besides, this YTMND was made some time ago, don't blame me for the past. It all boils down to a matter of interpretaion and opinion, and mine is that rap artists are running out of things to rip off, so VG OST's are next in line.

And I'm not gonna argue my position of racial standing. I'm not a racist. Believe me or not, it doesn't change the truth. But I've no love for Jay-Z, regardless of color or his "samplings". I don't like him, so I see no reason why I should care about his feelings.

White people steal too. Listen to Smash Mouth - Pacific Coast Party. They copied a certain Chrono Trigger melody. Also, listen to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. Yasunori Mitsuda (who is white) ripped his melodies for Robo's Theme.

Anyway, this message board does NOT condone racism. If you continue to be racist, you will undoubtedly be banned or sent to a pound me in the ass prison. Just saying.

You are pretty thick headed, along with ignorant if you cannot see the obvious evidence in front of you, but hey, think what you want. Let your bias over something blind you.

Sorry. I meant to appeal to you, but failed. Maybe I'll win the next interent argument. But can you deny the fact that more and more rap artists are turning to remixes or "Samples" to compensate for their own lack of artistic creation? Take Busta Rhymes "Fire It Up" samples from Knuight Rider. I know that he got Glen Larson's permission to redo the KR theme, but it is in my opinion that these overpaid superstars should be able to come up with their own shit, not redo a twenty year old riff and call it a modern update. OCR is one thing, it's artistic expression. It's not here to remix for money. These people are charging 50+ bucks a concert seat to play a tune from the 80's with a new drum kit and "Fuck dem ho's, then smoke a joint" lyrics. Can you honestly argue there is little to no difference in that and OCR?

What part did he sample? The chord progression has a vaguely similar feeling to it, but in terms of instrumentation the string part is the only thing that sounds even remotely close to the Chrono Trigger song, and it most definitely plays a different melody, so it's not sampled. Do more research next time.

Edit: To keep in line with the thread, there's

and bad sampling. Just like lightning-fast shredded guitar solo's can be good or bad. This goes for pretty much every musical technique and it's application, IMO it's stupid and narrow-minded to say that sampling is an outright bad thing.