Already submitted, but looking for feedback anyway

Bren

(I already submitted this, but I would like some feedback from peers as well as judges on this one)

Sonic CD (US)

Stardust Speedway (bad future)

>>Linkzor<<

Basically the entire reason I submitted this was so that I could get feedback from the judges. Personally I don't know if it would even qualify as a remix if they liked it because it's rather far from the original. In any case, I like to know what other people think about it, constructive criticism and suggestions are great. Please don't tell me if they wont accept it unless you have something constructive to say in addition. As I said, I'm doing this for feedback more than anything (submitting it early)

(I really wish you could edit thread titles)

Sonic CD (US)

Stardust Speedway (bad future)

>>Linkzor<<

Basically the entire reason I submitted this was so that I could get feedback from the judges. Personally I don't know if it would even qualify as a remix if they liked it because it's rather far from the original. In any case, I like to know what other people think about it, constructive criticism and suggestions are great. Please don't tell me if they wont accept it unless you have something constructive to say in addition - that doesn't necessarily help much.

I like candy (and by candy I mean feedback please)

0:08 - Piano thing comes in. I didn't like it right off, but I'm not sure. You could maybe try putting a different instrument / sample doing this? Maybe a synth or something.

0:15 - I love the drums.

0:22 - Bass comes in, sounds good.

0:36 - Lead and guitar come in. Something sounds strange here, I'm not sure which. I like the lead and I like the guitar, but together it's iffy.

1:04 - I like the long chords and the new melody, this sounds nice. The drums are still doing the same thing they've been doing the whole time, they could use some variation. This would be a good place to throw in a different pattern.

1:30 - This section repeats a bit too long, I'd add something different in here or shorten it.

1:58 - Back to piano, kind of a sudden transition. This could be smoothed out some.

2:10 - That repetitive section is coming back again. We've already heard all of these patterns before, and the drums are still doing the same thing.

3:33 - Same piano drop out as before. Bassline comes in and then a fade out.

The main thing I see with this is that it's really really repetitive right now. What you have is good, but you stretched out 30 seconds of material over 4 minutes. Add some new drum riffs, bring in some new melodies (I'm not familiar with the source, but you could maybe bring in some elements from other songs in the game or something to that effect). I didn't hear anything wrong production wise, but there are people here with much better ears than me. I hope this post was useful, good luck on this!