Who's that character?

Brak

I've got to say, I love the little character pictures at the top right of the screen anywhere on the OCR website. Sometimes, I'll sit here and keep refreshing and guessing to see if I can name all the characters. I recognize a lot of them, but I don't know them all. I wish I could have a way to know who they all are.

So, I propose a change to the OCR website. Someone should make it so that when we hover our mouse over the little picture of the character it says something about who the character is and what game they're from. Here's an example:

If you hover your mouse over this picture

2.jpg

A tiny pop-up would say "Mario from Mario Kart 64"

and a lesser known character:

1.jpg

So, if you didn't know who that second character is (I don't know who it is either), you could hover your mouse and it would tell you who it is an what the main game was that he came from. We've all seen countless websites that have something that gets a tiny label on screen when you hover your mouse.

I think this is a simple change that would be a fun and welcome addition to the site. While someone is downloading a song, they can be playing "Guess the character trivia."

What does everyone else think? Good idea or bad idea?

I've got to say, I love the little character pictures at the top right of the screen anywhere on the OCR website. Sometimes, I'll sit here and keep refreshing and guessing to see if I can name all the characters. I recognize a lot of them, but I don't know them all. I wish I could have a way to know who they all are.

So, I propose a change to the OCR website. Someone should make it so that when we hover our mouse over the little picture of the character it says something about who the character is and what game they're from. Here's an example:

If you hover your mouse over this picture

2.jpg

A tiny pop-up would say "Mario from Mario Kart 64"

and a lesser known character:

1.jpg

So, if you didn't know who that second character is (I don't know who it is either), you could hover your mouse and it would tell you who it is an what the main game was that he came from. We've all seen countless websites that have something that gets a tiny label on screen when you hover your mouse.

I think this is a simple change that would be a fun and welcome addition to the site. While someone is downloading a song, they can be playing "Guess the character trivia."

What does everyone else think? Good idea or bad idea?

I KNEW there was a reason why you picked your handle after the popular cartoon character. Hahaha. Just kidding. Unfortunately, I don't get the sweet little pop-up that you do. But I think that character in your post is the last boss in Last Blade 2. I could be wrong though. I don't remember his name either.

I've always wondered who half the characters were but could never be stuffed searching the forums for that thread that had the names listed. Now that Nicholas has linked it, I can't be stuffed searching through the pages for the names either. So in all, it's not such a bad idea in my opinion.

wow

totally shows how much you actually READ what i linked

Q: What is the OCR Mascot Bio Project all about?

A: The OCR Mascot Bio Project aims to enable visitors of the site to click the mascots (game characters) in the upper right corner of the page and read about who they are, what games they appear in, and links to remixes of those games. Also, the bio pages will include links to other pages for more information on the characters.

Well, thanks for that info Nicholas. Going to a wiki article is more in depth than what I thinking, though. I just want to know the name of the character. If someone looks interesting, I could go look them up online somewhere on my own. It looks like you guys have been working on that for two years, though. Keep going! I'll be interested to see how it turns out. What about adding this idea to your project?

1.jpg

Shinnosuke Kagami, pictured from The Last Blade 2. Good guy in that game, but acts as the end boss in the first Last Blade.

We'll be done with this Sandcrawler of a project before this year ends. (Then hopefully Larry will answer the 2 PMs I sent him and start implementing the bios into OCR's Info center.)

If you want to know the mascots' names and who wrote their bios, click here.

If you're REALLY brave and hungry for knowledge, click my sig.