OCR00857 - Dark Cloud "La Saia's Resting Place"

Ginnsu

Dark Cloud 'La Saia's Resting Place'

This is a somewhat solemn little mix of a song from a surprisingly recent game. The more upbeat part of this mix reminds me of vividly Delerium, which I absolutely love. The whole mix, especially those guitars are absolutely fabulous. Excellent work, Dev.

Just in case you didn't see my thread in Gen. Discussion, I am not the creator of this remix...."Dev VJ" is. Just had to clear that up.

That being said, I really love this remix. I can't really say much more. Excellent work.

Dev loves Dev's remix! :D

This is really cool. Sweet beat, great sounding guitar, good piano. This song screams some sweet atmosphere. This is really good and it seems its not getting all the downloads it deserves from small amount of reviews up so far. For some constructive critisism, the guitar seems a bit loud and kinda overpowers the rest a bit too much for me. Other than that, awesome. Great stuff-keep it up.

I have one word for this: Smooth. This clean and high quality mix is fits the mood of the original really well and elaborates on it. Plus, the original was a bit repetitive, while this changes enough to get rid of that effect.

Very good. Highly recommended.

It's alright.. Kind of freaky, but I guess that's the point.. Reminds of that Pirates of the Caribbean's ride (whatever it's called) at Disneyland, or something, and part of it reminds me of a song by soundTeMP.. Not a song I would choose for a Dark Cloud remix, as there are several other great songs on the Dark Cloud (I loved Dark Clouds music), but oh well.. At least I can hear the original melody. Nice. By the way, Tomohito Nishiura composes the Music for Dark Cloud.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is one of the most awsome ReMixs' I've heard. It's got a smooth melodic trance and at 1:38 some nice guitar. And at 2:02, the song gets more exiting. The drums in the background blend into a rapid beat. Also, the song begins, and ends nicely. It's got everything a new-age music fan would love. I would rate this a 10/10 :)

Keep up the good work Dev.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Between the first and second times I've played through Dark Cloud, I heard this remix. In the second time through, I found myself highly disappointed with the Shipwreck music because it was not this piece. Damn you, and very good job.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow.. this mix is just pure awesomeness. It carries a melancholy vibe, much stronger than the vibe that the original piece had, making this mix a very big improvement. Not only is it strong, but there's just so much done right that gives a nice added effect that takes it further beyond the source material that not many other mixes tend to go.

It starts out with a very nice echoing acoustic, and then comes in a distant piano sound that emulates the original piece, creating a perfect atmosphere. As the percussion comes in, this is where the mix starts to progress. The piano is now closer and gives an added sense of clarity, along with that repeating high-pitched synth rhythm, which I think was genius. Then comes the acoustic solo; excellently executed, and goes perfectly with the rest of the mix. It's great to see a guitar solo incorporated so well into an originally piano-based track. The synths start to come in, and the height of the mix ensues. So much done right with this one, but I might be a little biased with my score because this was one of my first mixes and a strong feeling of nostalgia always seems to sway my opinion.

What made me come back to this mix is that my friend has been playing Dark Cloud recently (probably the first time I've ever seen the game in action), and I immediatly noticed the music at the Shipwreck dungeon. The original piece seemed very repetitive, and I was amazed at how much more was added to this mix after going back to listen to it again.

• 7 months later...

I downloaded this before I even bought the game and I loved it the minute I heard it!!! :D I have to admit that I actually prefer this version of the song over the in-game music!

The echoing piano and catchy bassline are PERFECT. I hope we're lucky to get more remixes like this from Dev in the future.

I recommened this rearrangement to any Dark Cloud fan. It's a nice, calm remix for anyone who's looking to kick back and relax.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I really enjoyed Dev's FFVII track. This track might not carry as much 'mood' as his other track but it is still a very chill piece. Wish the guitar was a real acoustic. The drum work is very simple with lots of little glitchy things goin on. Since it is in the background it keeps the mood goin really nice. Def a nice laid back track to chill to with a very mellow feel to it.

• 5 months later...

Great feeling to this one, I gotta agree that real guitar would have put this over the top, but as is, it is very strong.

The beats are great, and the atmosphere is very nice, and I have to agree that this is a very stylish upgrade of the original. The source melody itself works better for BGM than for something to listen to actively, and that feeling is kept in the mix, but the added elements make the track so much more engaging.

Nice work, I really dig this one.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00857 - Dark Cloud "La Saia's Resting Place"