Mega Man 2: Enter the MetallMan

DJ-Arthur

Hi there,

I hope some of you remember my restyle of the MetallMan Stage of MegaMan2, which I posted some time ago in the Non-Remix forum (Now it's gone, so don't go searching for it :wink: )... I decided to make more out of it, and I am pretty confident about the result!

I used some Sawtooth Synths, a Distorted Square, and some Early 80's Techno Pop Drum Samples, which I recently dug up from one of the thousands of discs I have spreaded out accross the house haha. Anyways, Comments and/or Suggestions are welcome, so don't be shy.

:arrow:Download Enter the MetallMan (MP3 128kbs 3:22min 3.08MB)

Version 2: Download Here (MP3 128kbs 3:22min 3.08MB)

Enjoy!

As Always, made with Orion Platinum (now V7.1)

Version 2 is up, Link is added in the First Post :wink:

Added a Synth Solo at the 2:00 mark for breaks, and just a tad of reverb for the enviroment feel. Some slight changes to the basic instruments, especially the Vibrafone, which sounded a bit Over-disharmonied... or something like that... on my headphones. A slight change in the drumbeat (Barely noticable) when the solo synth is playing, and a bit of adjustment in the mastering department.

The breakdown definitely helps, but it still seems to need something...

I'll listen some more later and try to offer some better advice.

If you're referring to the section between 2:24 and 2:47, then Yes, I could add something. The reason I have not yet done so, is because I was affraid it would start to sound to crowded, but I can always try.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, Finally I believe this is done. Maybe some fine tuning and minor tweaking, but this is how I want it to be:

:arrow: Download Enter The MetalMan V4 (MP3 128kbs 3:24 3.11MB)

Changed the 2nd lead and added reverb for it. Could be too much though, let me know if it is). Tweaked around with the other instruments, and a tad with the arrangement.

Thoughts, anyone?

Link's not workin for meh -.-;

Ah yes,

My server is backing up files, prior to upgrading some hardware. Due to this process, most connections (if not all) will be blocked... Sorry for the inconvenience. According to the estimates, the work should be done by monday morning, so until then ALL my links will be broken most of the time...

To Admin: Please give me until wednesday before removing my links and threads.

Regards, Arthur

• 2 weeks later...

I think your using the reverse cymbal way too much here. You use it on almost every 8 count (if not every)! It creates the sense that each 8 count is starting a new section, and makes your progression sound a bit erratic, almost confusing. The reverse cymbal usually marks a major transition or addition, and you should use it in that fashion to give it proper weight and meaning.

As far as quality goes, it sounds ok to me for the genre, though I might suggest more in the low end (maybe mirror that synth bass line with a deeper one).

Hmmm okay, I'll cut a bit on the reverse Cymbals then. My headphones are quite bassy compared to my Audio Set, so I guess I EQ'ed the lower ranges down too much. I'll fix that in the final. After that, I consider this piece done and probably will submit it.

Metaphist, thanks much for the quality feedback!