OCR00860 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Crystalline Caverns"

orkybash

• 2 weeks later...

as the street sharks would say: "Jawesome!"

prety damn good in my opinion, im going to go rally around in the snow an listen to this while driving.

keep it up!

EDIT: ok after listening to this song several more time I realized that my last post simply doesn't do it justice...

this is remix is AMAZING. what McVaffe has done with this already great track deserves some sort of award, there is literally nothing bad about this song, just 5:00 of perfection.

congrats!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Almost 2 full years after I first downloaded this song..... it still brings my whole soul down everytime I listen to this magic song.... Sometimes I feel like crying, sometimes I just feel so happy... it's like it's making the way I'm truly feeling at the time I'm listenning to it to emerge!

It's still on top of my Top25 playlist in iTunes (you know, the intelligent playlist keeping my 25 most played songs) after all this time!!!! Now THAT'S a proof of how good this is! After 2 years I'm still in love with it!

I would like to thank McVaffe for all he has done on OCR since the begenning with his marvelous remixes.... I miss him a lot..! It was always a kick to see his name next to a new remix.... :(

Thanks for this gift... it's a song I'll never stop listenning to...!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thought I'd let you know that some guy added a crappy Zelda tune overtop of this and is hosting it on Newgrounds claiming it to be his work. People are giving it 10's because of the great original track (yours), and he is replying acting like he did all the work. Really burnt my toast if you know what I mean. Here is the link http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/172297 Kick his ass seabass

Thought I'd let you know that some guy added a crappy Zelda tune overtop of this and is hosting it on Newgrounds claiming it to be his work. People are giving it 10's because of the great original track (yours), and he is replying acting like he did all the work. Really burnt my toast if you know what I mean. Here is the link http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/172297 Kick his ass seabass

I dunno what's worse, the fact that this guy did that, or the fact that people liked it...

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I'm sorta new here so I may be a little... bad at doing reviewing and whatnot. Anyways, I REALLY love this one. One of my favs on this site. Everything in it just fits so well together. And, now that I think about it, it kinda reminds me of Linkin Park. Like a mix of Yoshi's Island music and Linkin Park's "My December". Yup. Umm... nothing much else to say, so, umm... later?

Man, reading through the comments made me nostalgic for CD's for some reason.

Either way this is a damn amazing mix. Basically, this mix takes my 3 of my favorite instruments, and then combines them all into one glorious mix of an already glorious source. Probably my favorite from McVaffe, but then again I don't think I've heard all his stuff yet. I'm over half way there, though.

• 4 weeks later...
And, now that I think about it, it kinda reminds me of Linkin Park. Like a mix of Yoshi's Island music and Linkin Park's "My December".

Huh. I listened to that after you said it, and it does kinda sound like it. Of course, McVaffe's is better anyway. I was not fond of the caverns theme at all in SMW2 when I first heard it, but this is a masterpiece. I'd expect nothing less from McVaffe

• 3 months later...

Pretty nice, if a bit unremarkable. It fills a solid role as thought provoking background music, but never really steps into the forefront. Part of the luxury afforded by doing so many ReMixes is that you can definitely try some new things, and as a whole, this track is good, but I definitely prefer more melody-centric works.

Great for doing homework or staring out the window on a rainy day though. :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00860 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Crystalline Caverns"