Black Friday

big giant circles

I'm going to be going to the store that gets the most people...BestBuy. It opens at 5am. I'm going for the Orange Box (PC) for $25 and Office Max for a 2gig Sandisk SD card for $12. That's about all I'm going for. Perhaps I might also be getting Resident Evil 4 for the Wii for $20 at BestBuy. I'm not going to be waiting in line though. I will be there at 5am when it opens.

I'm going to be going to the store that gets the most people...BestBuy. It opens at 5am. I'm going for the Orange Box (PC) for $25 and Office Max for a 2gig Sandisk SD card for $12. That's about all I'm going for. Perhaps I might also be getting Resident Evil 4 for the Wii for $20 at BestBuy. I'm not going to be waiting in line though. I will be there at 5am when it opens.

you may as well not go. last year at best buy there was a line already wrapped half way around the parking lot by about 11pm.

but if you still do, i wish you luck and hope you're able to at least grab something that you wanted.

I'm going... I guess. My friends and I have been going for 2 years now. It's nothing really special. It's just really an excuse to spend some time together. Really, there isn't too much stuff that's worth getting unless about to go all HD for television. Sales on cameras are pretty much laughable as well as flash memory. Though it's cheaper than it normally is by a good margin, it's not worth waiting in line for so long and waking up so early as well in my opinion. I already got what I need gadget-wise anyway. Plus, there aren't any really good DVDs or CDs on sale either. :( If anything, I'd buy those.

I'm happy that Best Buy has put their deals online though... but there still isn't anything I want. I guess I should be happy with what I have. I hardly get gifts, and when there's a good reason to buy something for myself... there's nothing I want. :(

Yeah, good luck with Best Buy all ye poor souls that enter this Black Friday. A part of me died while trying to make it into and out of that store last year.

This year you'll find me miles away at Guitar Center where any single item will be 20% off! I'm not sure if the coupon that I got in the mail is required but if not, I hope everyone with enough dough puts it on their Black Friday list. Just make sure to save an Axiom 49 for me :)

EDIT: Looks like no coupon is needed, according to the GC site. Sweet, that means I can bring my friends as accomplices to get 20% off of more than one thing.

That sucks... Is there any inventory after people are there, I am sure after what people want is gone some people will just buy junk cause they are there...

Id Hate to work That day, I mean.... Are you kidding... That has gotta be the single worst day for retail workers, And I am assuming you dont even get some sort of pay bonous or incentive....

The Best Buy here where I live already had a line at 7:30 tonight wrapped around the building. People have tents and stuff set up. It's going to be a cold one tonight here, and I guarantee the sickness those people are going to have isn't worth the savings. What morons. All this for "big savings". I'm not leaving my house til after 2pm friday, and that's just so I can go pay a bill.

I worked at Best Buy one Black Friday, and it was enough to drive most people nuts. I worked at the registers up front, and from the time they opened onward til around noon time, I had a line from the front to the back, as did everyone else to my left and right. The worst part was that they didn't even have all the registers open. But that was a few years ago.

That sucks... Is there any inventory after people are there, I am sure after what people want is gone some people will just buy junk cause they are there...

Id Hate to work That day, I mean.... Are you kidding... That has gotta be the single worst day for retail workers, And I am assuming you dont even get some sort of pay bonous or incentive....

Nah, we don't get any kind of bonus cash wise. Just a free lunch so we don't have to drive off somewhere. Black Friday is so dumb. People wait in line to buy $200 computers that are junk.

I don't plan on going to bed tonight. I work 4am-3:30pm.

Well I went to BestBuy at 5am (opening time) to get Orange Box for the PC at $25 but the line was extremely and ridiculously long (spanned across 3 more stores next to BestBuy so I went to Circuit City instead. Got into the store pretty quick and bought Orange Box there although they had it for $35, then drove back to BestBuy and they didn't have any more Orange Box so I'm glad I managed to get it at CircutCity. I then drove to Office Max and got my 2gig SandDisk SD card for $13 and that's all I got.

I do agree with Bigfoot. I saw laptops with poor specs and people buying them like crazy. They had to hand out vouchers in the line for those there for the laptops. Some HP Vista laptop with 2gig memory, some crappy graphics card, and like 3.2gigz for $850...WTF are people thinking? Oh it comes with a free crappy printer and free crappy digital camera...wow...

Anyway in the end I spent about an hour and half to get those two things and I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Well I went to BestBuy at 5am (opening time) to get Orange Box for the PC at $25 but the line was extremely and ridiculously long (spanned across 3 more stores next to BestBuy so I went to Circuit City instead. Got into the store pretty quick and bought Orange Box there although they had it for $35, then drove back to BestBuy and they didn't have any more Orange Box so I'm glad I managed to get it at CircutCity. I then drove to Office Max and got my 2gig SandDisk SD card for $13 and that's all I got.

I do agree with Bigfoot. I saw laptops with poor specs and people buying them like crazy. They had to hand out vouchers in the line for those there for the laptops. Some HP Vista laptop with 2gig memory, some crappy graphics card, and like 3.2gigz for $850...WTF are people thinking? Oh it comes with a free crappy printer and free crappy digital camera...wow...

Anyway in the end I spent about an hour and half to get those two things and I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Too bad you missed getting Orange Box at Best Buy's website - you could've done instore pickup with it.

My haulings are all online from Amazon this year - 3 Wiis, a Logitech webcam for -$31 after rebate (yep, you read that right - they're paying me to take it away), Bioshock for 360 for $40, and Call of Duty 4 for 360 for $48. I'd say I did well.

Too bad you missed getting Orange Box at Best Buy's website - you could've done instore pickup with it.

My haulings are all online from Amazon this year - 3 Wiis, a Logitech webcam for -$31 after rebate (yep, you read that right - they're paying me to take it away), Bioshock for 360 for $40, and Call of Duty 4 for 360 for $48. I'd say I did well.

Yeah the thing is when I remembered I could get it online it was too late. I checked the site and it was all sold out online which is why I guess it said In-Store Pickup: Not available so I suppose that is why it was not there when I went. Could it be that everyone bought online so there were none available for the store or does the store keep some apart for those that did not order online to buy at store? Either way I didn't find it but hey $35 beats $50 so I'm happy.

Also, 3 Wiis and all that other stuff? I thought you were broke! and why 3 Wiis?