Underrated Game Soundtracks...

SwordBreaker

The game had some insane tunes, indeed. I remember that it was extremely challenging back in the day. Believe it or not, but it's the game that introduced me to the animated feature, which remains to be one of my favorite movies of all time. Proud owner of the DVD. :)

Anyway,

http://dod.vgmix.com/past/sep07/

Download the 2nd place song. Awesome remix there.

You just reminded me of another underrated game with an underrated soundtrack; The Boy and His Blob for NES. The whole game had like 3 tracks or something, but they were extremely catchy and very dynamic. Mazdude did a good job in his remix on OCR. I suggest you check that out.

I went looking for the movie at the store, but it they had only ordered one and someone bought it. Still haven't picked it up, although I plan to. I know that it was made by the same guy who did Sea Prince and Fire Child, which is really good. I will see it eventually.

Also, I've had that duel on my mp3 player for 3 weeks now, I love it.

Baten Kaitos had everything EXCEPT good battle themes. Sakuraba is just no fun when he does his progrock shit :(

Yeah, Swordbreaker, you hit it right on the nose. I wanna know what people think about Motoi's hip hop stuff. I'm talking about Bitter Dance from Star Ocean 3 and Chaotic Dance 1 and 2 from Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 respectively. Those have GOT to be getting on some people's nerves. Hahaha. I love it though.

"Work that body. Work that body. Make sure you don't hurt nobody."

I don't know if someone already said it, but I don't really care if they did because it bears repeating.

Snatcher.

Listen to Twilight of Neo Kobe and you'll know what I mean.

You're referring to the "Snatcher Battle Perfect Selection" album right..?

It's a very awesome album...

My favorite track is "blow up tricycle". :)!!

I'm somewhat sad the popularity of Saga Frontier 2 is close to being unknown especially when people make these 'your favorite PSX game(s)' threads on other forums with absolutely no mention of it. I think SF2 had a brilliant OST, and with barely anyone ever hearing of the game, less people were able to listen to its OST (Todfiend was an absolute thriller).

MC Kids - had a few short memorable tracks, including one with a catchy house beat, and the C64-like touches.

Journeyman Project - but the sequel's content wasn't as memorable to me.

Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 - no love for the monkeys? They're under the radar as popular hits, both as games and its music.

That's small consolation knowing that nobody really played Beyond Good and Evil. And the producers of VGL probably put it in there exactly because it's so underrated and overlooked.

Are you SURE Beyond Good and Evil is underrated? You're not the first person to say so, but I've played it and loved it, many of my friends have played it and loved and even my MOM played it and loved and threw the controller at it because it was too hard for her. I don't think it's that unheard of nor that unpopular. Or maybe the people around me are just especially cool. ^_^

I'm somewhat sad the popularity of Saga Frontier 2 is close to being unknown especially when people make these 'your favorite PSX game(s)' threads on other forums with absolutely no mention of it. I think SF2 had a brilliant OST, and with barely anyone ever hearing of the game, less people were able to listen to its OST (Todfiend was an absolute thriller).

It's the only game in the series I enjoyed playing though...and yeah I do remember a couple of its tracks. I LOVED Unlimited Saga's soundtrack a lot more though, even though that game played like CRAP.

Are you SURE Beyond Good and Evil is underrated? You're not the first person to say so, but I've played it and loved it, many of my friends have played it and loved and even my MOM played it and loved and threw the controller at it because it was too hard for her. I don't think it's that unheard of nor that unpopular. Or maybe the people around me are just especially cool. ^_^

shiiiiitsj9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to agreed with Valkyrie Profile and Vagrant Story, as well as Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Threads of Fate was good, and even though the actual game was pretty crappy, Legend of Mana was a pretty decent soundtrack. I also think that Grandia 2 was incredible, and I am of the opinion that Final Fantasy Mystic Quest has one of the catchiest RPG soundtracks ever. Need to mention Legend of Dragoon too, I guess.

The Xenosaga series is by no means underrated musically, but there aren't enough remixes. The first episode's battle theme is my favorite of all time.