OCR00861 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Party in the Shop"

DarkCecil13

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Party in the Shop'

This ReMix from newcomer Dr. Fruitcake is quite the well arranged ReMix. It's really quite catchy all the way through. The only potential problem is the sample quality (listen to that guitar). Though, such things happen to jazz this mix up. I don't think it'd have the same spice with higher quality samples. Overall, it's an enjoyable mix. If you're a fan of Zelda 64, or just happy music, why not take a listen?

This remix, while it does kick ass, has been on my hard drive for AGES... why? Because it's a conversion of one of Dr.F's own MIDI sequences, sent out to a WAV file from "Wingroove" the best damn MIDI player in the world. Yes, your MIDIs will sound just as good as this MP3 when you play 'em. You can then download the song for... I dunno... 56 KB? ^_^

It's a great remix, but I think a re-sequenced version with nice samples would've done it good, hell, maybe would've even made it amazing. Props to Dr.F for all his great MIDI sequences in the past, and this remix as well. ^_^

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Lol, I was about to come here and berate you for ripping off one of my favourite zelda MIDIs...good thing I checked who wrote it first, huh. :oops: As it turns out, you've made quite a few of my faves.

For your next oc remix, I'd love to hear you re-do the rock remix of the song of storms that you made a couple of years back, it was rad.

-MK

• 1 year later...

did you ever compare this ReMix with the original? it's unbelievable how much dr.Fruitcake managed to work on this. just forget for a while to discuss about midi quality and think about ReMixing art. I think that in this case we can listen to something awesomely improoved in its features. I also have the midi version of this one and I agree with you all saying that it's funny to use a heavy file format like mp3 to embed something is a little more than a midi file, but I also think that the quality is not so poor at all.

so, this is my evalutation:

24/30 for the sound quality

29½/30 for the originality & ReMixing improovement

28/30 is how much I like this song (overall)

• 9 months later...

First off, sorry for bumping a 10 month old post.

Glad I'm not the only person who thought Wingroove was awesome for its time.

This song is great! Very original take. I think the Wingroove samples are both a minus and a plus. It gives the piece character! I like the arrangement and instrumentation as well. Nice work! :nicework:

Hmm, anyone got a Wingroove soundfont or VST I could mess with? I bought the player back in the day, and always thought its samples were among the best in the General Midi field.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great arrangement, pretty horrible sound quality. It really says something when the judges mention how bad the sound quality was in 2002.

There is plenty to appreciate here, however. The frantic runs and upbeat pace really do give this a manically cheerful mood, and that is something I can personally appreciate. All it needs are some squeaky Japanese girl voice acting and it's a low-budget anime theme song. :-D

This would probably get a 'skip' if it came up on my playlist. It's a shame the samples weren't better, because the treatment given to the theme is very thorough and well done.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00861 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Party in the Shop"