Problem with my new PSX emulator

metroixer

I dunno if anyone here has any knowledge about PSX emulators, but I recently got one, and I am very confused.

See, as soon as I activate PSX the wizard opens and guides me through the process of putting my PSX in the best working condition. Immediatly I get a message saying I do not have any PSX bios in my expse/bios directory (Which I'm assuming is "folders").

So the window told me what bios I should search for, I find them (Yes I have a playstation, but it broke sadly.) and put one of them in my bios folder. Both the English and PAL version just in case.

Still I get the same message, and I'm clueless on this situation. Can anyone please help me out here? This is only discussion about emulators so I'm pretty sure it's allowed.

Try skipping the wizard and selecting the BIOS manually by clicking Config > Bios > Select and select the bios file you downloaded (Don't forget to configure the rest of the plugins as well).

To test if it works, click File > Run BIOS, which should load up the memory card menu.

If that doesn't work, then I guess you got a bad BIOS file.

I have no knowledge of any forums that concentrate on emulators. At least not any active ones.

I may have gotten a bad bio file, because when I put mine in the folder the emulator doesn't read it. I'll try looking for another one and see how that works out.

EDIT: Okay I got the thing working, I'm just not sure how to play games....

Is it the same as the SNES emus, or can I put playstation disks in my compy and run them?

Is it the same as the SNES emus, or can I put playstation disks in my compy and run them?

Yes, you can play games directly from your CD-ROM drive. Just click FIle > RUN CDROM

I recommend checking out the this ePSXe tutorial from the official site if you have any questions on how to configure plugins.

Also, disregard my PM. I didn't notice your edit when I sent it.

Okay, I'm sorry if this was answered in the FAQ you posted, but I could not find the answer (I'm also sorry for all these questions...), but every time I try to load up a playstation CD and go to File -> Run CDROM all I get is a black screen.

I have the latest version of ePSXe and I tried turning off some sound options like the FAQ said but I still get the same problem...

Any help please?

Some ISO's of games will not work on the latest version on whatever emulator you're running; which you have yet to say which one you're using. Assuming you're using ePSXe chances are you may need an older version of ePSXe to run it. Examples of games that will not run properly on the latest version are Legend of Mana, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, & Chrono Cross...

• 5 months later...