Possible Christmas Music Project

Dyne

Bump for the fun, and a reminder to anyone interested in working on this project, please remember to check the original post for more information as it becomes available. Also, I'd like to compile a list of everyone who's participating in this project so I can post it.

Hey, My brother mention a song I re-worked last year called "Mary, Did You Know". Here it is.

nytz

It's pretty bare mostly because it was used at the Christmas Eve service at our church and my mom sang the lyrics (I didn't record the lyrics though, Mom wouldn't let me). It's kinda slow and sounds kinda sad, almost made one of my friends cry (true story).

Let me know what you think.

Ryan

Edit: If anyone wants to record the lyrics, that sounds good to me! (Kinda religious, I know. But the music is nice... lol)

Lyrics:

Mary, did you know

that your Baby Boy would one day walk on water?

Mary, did you know

that your Baby Boy would save our sons and daughters?

Did you know

that your Baby Boy has come to make you new?

This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know

that your Baby Boy will give sight to a blind man?

Mary, did you know

that your Baby Boy will calm the storm with His hand?

Did you know

that your Baby Boy has walked where angels trod?

When you kiss your little Baby you kissed the face of God?

The blind will see.

The deaf will hear.

The dead will live again.

The lame will leap.

The dumb will speak

The praises of The Lamb.

Mary, did you know

that your Baby Boy is Lord of all creation?

Mary, did you know

that your Baby Boy will one day rule the nations?

Did you know

that your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?

The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am.

Thank to jmr, we have our first WIP started, so for anyone interested in listening to it, it's been posted on the first post of this thread. Feel free to check it out here, and soon on the Non-remix WIP forum where jmr will be posting it in the near future.

I posted a slightly updated version of my WIP in the non-remixes forum.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=348052

Dyne, could you replace the MP3 link in the first post with a link to that thread?

Done.

Also, anyone else who has interest in this project, and has a WIP on the Non-remix forum, or just a WIP in general you want linked, please send me a PM with the link in it.

Thanks!

I was thinking about trying something between bouts of SM64 remix work, and even got a song started. But, I noticed too late that Carol of the Bells has already been covered. Oops.

Go for it anyway. I think everyone would love an SM64 remix just like that. Heck, I want to hear it! Do it Coop! EVERYBODY'S DOING IIIIIIT! :)

I know I'm bumping this constantly. I know this thread may not be what people are interested in. Heck, I'm sure this thread belongs in the Non-remixes Forum (at least now, anyways).

Still, I'm not giving up just because few people are interested. So here it is, I'm putting out the call to anyone, and EVERYONE, from last year's attempt at a Christmas Album to resubmit your works here. I know that a few of you have already, and I am thankful, I'll skim the thread when I'm more awake, and make sure you get put into the main post of this thread.

Anyone that wants to contribute to this is most welcome. Love it, or hate it, it's Christmas time again. It is my wish to see some more support for this album, even if it's a non-remix album. There is such a wealth of talent on OCR that it borders on the edge of reason why so few would contribute.

So I'm calling on the community to come out and help. Help make this album a success. Join us, celebrate the music, celebrate the season. Whether or not you believe in what Christmas stands for (and it stands for different things for different people), come along for the ride, it'll be fun.