Possible Christmas Music Project

Dyne

While that may be a bit presumptuous of me to do this, I have a request.

Ever since I was a kid, the one Christmas song that had some sort of family tradition attached to it is Minuit Chrétien (Known to English speakers as O Holy Night).

To hear all of my uncles stand up together and sing it in a deep resounding harmony (which is impressive since I never heard my father sing other than for that song, even if he can sing rather well) is one of the good memories I have.

So please, remix it. And if you can get someone to sing the French lyrics, I would be forever in your debt.

Lyrics are found here btw:

http://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Minuit_chr%C3%A9tiens

While that may be a bit presumptuous of me to do this, I have a request.

Ever since I was a kid, the one Christmas song that had some sort of family tradition attached to it is Minuit Chrétien (Known to English speakers as O Holy Night).

To hear all of my uncles stand up together and sing it in a deep resounding harmony (which is impressive since I never heard my father sing other than for that song, even if he can sing rather well) is one of the good memories I have.

So please, remix it. And if you can get someone to sing the French lyrics, I would be forever in your debt.

Lyrics are found here btw:

http://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Minuit_chr%C3%A9tiens

while i'm fairly certain you don't want to hear me singing french, since i suck at it, i might do a mix of this just for you, mista lambert.

I'm really glad to see all this interest in the project. Looks like we might get an album's worth of music after all!

Progress has been greatly slowed on my track, though. I'm just about to start final exams, so those are taking priority at the moment. However, I'm done on the 14th, giving me a handful of days to finish things up.

In the meantime, though, I'd REALLY appreciate some feedback.

QFFE.

Where the heck is he? Why hasn't he posted this yet? We need to sit him down and make him do this at gunpoint.

Oh come now, there's no need for violence (fictional or not). Besides, who knows, maybe he hasn't heard of the project yet? In any event, I'm so very happy the level of interest has gone up. Let's keep it up, and see some songs posted.

Due date is still December 20!

And I'm planning on working on at least one song myself, don't know what yet though. We'll see.

Alrighty now. I decided to ditch O Holy Night and take a stab at Come Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, and I think I may actually be getting somewhere with it. Gimme a day or too, and I think I'll have something WIPable, assuming writers block doesn't hit again.

Also, I think I'm gunna take a stab at singing Random Hero's Mary Did You Know. I've always been surprised that with such a strong melody, no one has done a not-corny version of that song. It's worth a shot anyhoo...

I just came across this project now. I can't promise anything, but I should be able to pull something off before Christmas. Whatever I do will be something jazzy or bluesy, probably featuring Rhodes or B3. Let me give it some more thought and I'll edit my post with what carol I'd be interested in doing.

I just came across this project now. I can't promise anything, but I should be able to pull something off before Christmas. Whatever I do will be something jazzy or bluesy, probably featuring Rhodes or B3. Let me give it some more thought and I'll edit my post with what carol I'd be interested in doing.

Awesome Kanthos! If you are able to contribute, that would be awesome. I look forward to hearing anything you might come up with!

I have a few possible ideas, but I'll need to sit down and play to nail any of them down. I'm too distracted with work today to figure something out in my head.

As a side note, for anyone wanting a really good instrumental jazz Christmas album (with one vocal track), check out Peace Round by the Yellowjackets. A few of the songs are less accessible to non-jazz listeners, but the group as a whole tends to play jazz with a funk groove that's still really musically advanced but listenable by non-musicians.