Possible Christmas Music Project

Dyne

Well, I talked to one of my friends (who introduced me to this site, don't know her account, though), and she's let me borrow her keyboard. I've never made a song before, but I think I'll try "Joy to the World", or something melodic... She's too busy with band, but she was thrilled at the idea.

Anyway, I'm going to try, my progress report won't be any good so I'll have little else to do. Wish me luck!

(please?)

BUMP! We're coming down the home stretch. Don't forget that thursday is the deadline, and Saturday night at 11:59pm, I will be releasing the project. I can't wait! I'm so very excited, and I think everyone who listens will enjoy this album.

Now that exams are over, I've finally got some time to work on my track for this project.

Little Drummer Boy WIP3 - WIP thread

What's new: 'tweaked' mixing, slight tempo changes throughout the song, other small changes here and there.

What's old: violin sample. I've yet to find anything free that sounds any better.

Suggestions please!

Well, it's Sunday, December 16, you know what that means. We now have officially four more days until the release of An OverClocked Christmas. Let me tell you, I am VERY VERY EXCITED! I hope you are too!

To everyone who's working on this project, just reminding you that it's due Thursday night by midnight. I don't mind a lateness, but nothing past friday, I want to have the project posted by Saturday night. Just trying to make sure the project's available for those who want to hear it during Christmas.

No, and I don't know where my children are. Of course, I don't have any, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, it's getting there. Still adding stuff to it and trying to make it a little more varied. I'll probably be attempting to equalize it and whatnot on Wednesday.

That reminds me... is there a set KB/s to be used? 192? 160? 320 (which seems like overkill)?

No, and I don't know where my children are. Of course, I don't have any, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, it's getting there. Still adding stuff to it and trying to make it a little more varied. I'll probably be attempting to equalize it and whatnot on Wednesday.

That reminds me... is there a set KB/s to be used? 192? 160? 320 (which seems like overkill)?

Final format will be 192. I'm going to post some information in the main thread in just a few moments. Since we have only two days left, it's time I finalized some things, and get this ready for release.

Also, if anyone would like to help with images for the web page itself, send me a PM, and we'll get together on it.

Well, I hate to do this to everyone, but unless some serious inspiration hits me by Thursday, I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this.

After posting my first WIP, I got another nasty case of writer's block. Every time I try to improve upon it and expand it, the song winds up sounding like crap.

Sorry.

In the interests of catching the neighbors off-guard, I killed jingle bells with the help of some siblings. Unfortunately for me they were forewarned, and I'm now left with this entertaining bastardization of jingle bells and little to no practical use for it. So yeah, you can use it for this project if you want. I could still tweak some things if so needed.

ccbf

In the interests of catching the neighbors off-guard, I killed jingle bells with the help of some siblings. Unfortunately for me they were forewarned, and I'm now left with this entertaining bastardization of jingle bells and little to no practical use for it. So yeah, you can use it for this project if you want. I could still tweak some things if so needed.

ccbf

this is incredible. if it isn't included, i'm pulling my mixes.

edit - i'm kidding, fyi. but this track is fantastic.

Alright, since we're only a day away from the due date, I wanted to get everything up to speed. I would like PMs from everyone who is still submitting their final track tomorrow night, along with a link to the final track so that I can download, prepare them, and upload them to my server before saturday. By saturday night I'll have everything finish for the web site, and at midnight the album will be released.

Anyone who isn't going to submit a final track to the album, please PM me by the deadline tomorrow to let me know. If I do not receive a PM from you, I will assume you aren't submitting a final track. You'll actually have a grace period of about 18 more hours since I work at 7am, and I won't be able to check any messages until about 4pm EST on friday. After that time, everything will be finalized.

I can't wait to hear the final versions of your tracks, and I'm sure others can't either. SO SUBMIT, SUBMIT, SUBMIT!!! :)

Expect a PM with my track early tomorrow morning. There's still a few small changes I'd like to make to mine before I sub it. It's no where near as complete as I originally planned it to be, but some of my ideas simply were too difficult for me to implement successfully. However, I feel the version I have now is still worth including in the project.

EDIT: Sorry... it's taking a bit longer than expected. I'm rendering what is hopefully the finalized version now.

By the way, since Ryan doesn't actively check out the boards here, he probably won't see the message you have posted, Dyne. The impression I was getting from him was that if no one recorded vocals for his Mary, Did You Know, the current, instrumental version would be the final version. I feel pretty comfortable saying that even if he doesn't get in touch with you in the next few days, you can include the track anyway.