What are you asking for for Christmas?

supremespleen

CD's? What kind of music are you into, brother? Besides ReMixes, of course.

And I'm thinking about putting Battalion Wars II (Google BWii) on my list. Plus, I still haven't gotten Mario Galaxy, so that's another must.

EDIT: The iPod battery problem is generally in older iPods, if I understand correctly. My 30GB iPod + Video has never had the same battery problem that my old 3rd Generation had.

I picked up an iPod Photo back in Fall 2005 - 30gb - and I haven't had any problems necessitating repair or part replacement.

Lucky you, my 20 GB 4th gen iPod broke on me 4 times in a little over an year, and my 30 GB 1st gen iPod Video was getting really shitty battery life before getting stolen in under a half an year.

As for what I'm asking for for Christmas, I ask for nothing, as usual.

I got a 5th generartion 30GB video iPod for christmas last year and havent had a problem yet. Ive been seeing the 30GB Zune going for around $100 at radioshack and dell, so thats a different mp3 player to consider. If you have a 360, Mass Effect is fun, and for Wii, SM Galaxy is a must. I dunno about the PS3...

I think one or both of my sisters has/have a Sandisk player. I haven't heard them complain, although my older sister wants to get a Zune for christmas.

As for me, I asked for long sleeve shirts and hoodies since most of mine aren't big enough. And the Zelda DS Lite. If they can't get their hands on one of those, I've told them a pink Lite is fine too. There aren't really any games I'm interested in that I haven't already bought.

Christmas isn't really all that exciting once you get older and start buying things for yourself. I'll probably be getting a whole bunch of lame gifts to go along with the stuff I asked for. Oh well. It's an excuse to visit my cousins and play some Smash Bros.

My iPod video (30GB) works fine. Most people whinge about poor battery life because:

a) they never charge their ipods and

B) they have a music playlist made up entirely of videos. Videos obviously drain battery life :?

You'll be fine, so long as you don't try and watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy or anything :<

Thanks for all the info on the iPods. I was pretty much just wanting something to play music while I go on a few road trips next year. As far as anything else goes, I'm pretty much not wanting/expecting anything other than something I would buy for myself. Only other thing I might want is either a Wii or PS3.

I just made an Amazon wish list putting everything on my mind down and then sending it off to my parents, brother and girlfriend. They can get whatever or nothing, I really don't care, from that list. It mostly consists of DVDs, games and music though I also asked for a PSP. If I get that, great if not then I'll get it on my own.