CONFIRMED: OC ReMixer Reuben Kee, 23, killed in boating accident (1984-2007)

Sgt. Fuzzy

Jeez, definitely one of my favorites. What a tragic loss. I've always wanted to ask him what the name of the instrument that he uses as a lead in many of his remixes (the one that sounds like a flute/reed instrument and gets really rich sounding with vibrato) and which sample/soundbank it is from. It is used in Ascension to Cosmo Canyon, 2nd part of Setting Sail on Dreams, and some parts of Once Upon a Lifestream (good example at the 3 minute mark). Just wondering if anybody knew since I'm in love with whatever he uses. RIP Reuben.

It's times like this where I'm thankful a place like Overclocked Remix can exist. There's been times where I've been obsessed with this place, and other times where it causes me nothing but grief and a great deal of cynicism. But nothing expresses the true essence of what we are as a community quite like this. Where we can all stop for a moment and remember someone who was important to us and pay him our respects. If this place didn't exist, I would never have even known who we was. I'm sure most of us could say the same thing. And then, most of us wouldn't even know about his death, which would have served no justice when he had so much to give.

We would never have heard his talented musicianship. We would never have had the chance to talk to him. Nor ever gotten a chance to play Street Fighter with him. What little I knew of him, I had nothing but appreciation for him.

He left us with many things to remember him by, and to become inspired by.

Rest in peace, Reuben. Thanks for everything. I just wish I could have found something to give back.

I don't know who would do the legwork on this, but is there anyway we can help the Kee family, be it financially, or just with well-wishes?

Firstly, I wish to send my condolences and prayers out to Reuben's family. This is a horrific tragedy, to lose someone you care about not only as a community, but also as a family. He will be remembered through his music.

In response to The Wingless, my suggestion would be a musical tribute. I think it not only says a lot more than a financial contribution, but it's something anyone can really contribute to. If anything, it could be a rearrangement of his music itself. This is truly up to the community though.

Damn....RIP and prayers to his friends and family. At least he left doing the thing he loved....:|

I just started listening to some of his work now because I haven't heard it before. It's powerful stuff, it is fitting to remember him by.

I'm wondering if someone can edit his forum profile to make people aware of this tragedy, and to make a tribute to him on it or something. We have to do something y'know? He was apart of this community, so it's only fitting we give something back.

Seeing Reuben Kee and the word "dies" in the same sentence made my morning mood plummet to a new level. Here's hoping that his family will get all the emotional comfort they need, and with that, I'll add my condolences as well.

I'm currently holding a Reuben Marathon. I feel sad that I only knew of his tracks from FF7 and Chrono Trigger, but that I had missed the rest of his official remixes. Listening to them now, he truly was a passionate musician.

RIP, Reuben Kee. My prayers go out to his family.

Like most of you guys, I knew him only through his music. His Naruto remix is probably one of my favorite tunes that I still listen to. There are a couple of obscure stuff he posted in vgmix's forums like his take on the FF7 Battle theme which was awesome and overlooked. "To Far Away Times", his collab with Jill, is a fan-favorite and a really cool remix.

I feel a bit frustrated because I can't say much about the man behind the music. Nonetheless, may God bless his soul. I know this sounds cheesy but his music will be here to stay thanks to communities like Overclocked ReMix.