CONFIRMED: OC ReMixer Reuben Kee, 23, killed in boating accident (1984-2007)

Sgt. Fuzzy

Found out about this last night. I was totally stunned. I never really talked to him, but on the other hand, it's amazing how close you can feel to someone through their music. He was by far one of my favorite remixers, and possibly on of my favorite musicians. My heart goes out to his family and friends. But even if he had never been anything more than an amazing musician, this is still a huge loss.

Not to downplay his death, but while it is a huge tragedy, we should also be grateful that the other 17 people from the boat are safe.

I don't know who would do the legwork on this, but is there anyway we can help the Kee family, be it financially, or just with well-wishes?

I am certain that there are some frequenters of OCR that live in Singapore that could help us out with this.

This is definitely an idea I would love to help make happen.

I would really love for his family to know that he was (and always will be) loved by so many people across the world.

We're discussion some sort of tribute in #ocrjudges. Dave hasn't been around since the bad news to weigh in yet, so I'm sure he'll probably have a good idea as well.

As for me, I was thinking if someone could mashup his remixes and make a music video with tasteful footage from the respective games along with some quotes from his reviews threads, and perhaps some quotes from this thread capped off with a photograph or two and not only made it available online but somehow managed to get a HQ DVD-quality version to his family.

For his family to know how many lives he touched with his personality and music would be a far greater gift than any amount of money, IMO.

What do y'all think?