CONFIRMED: OC ReMixer Reuben Kee, 23, killed in boating accident (1984-2007)

Sgt. Fuzzy

I never realised how the internet changed me. I have never got the chance (and judging by this thread honor) of knowing Reuben, and yet I feel saddened by this tragedy.

And I believe the best way to honor him would be to find a way to keep his music online, host it somewhere as long as it is possible, for free. So that we can share with the world Reuben's gift forever.

I never realised how the internet changed me. I have never got the chance (and judging by this thread honor) of knowing Reuben, and yet I feel saddened by this tragedy.

And I believe the best way to honor him would be to find a way to keep his music online, host it somewhere as long as it is possible, for free. So that we can share with the world Reuben's gift forever.

this might be the best idea i've heard yet regarding a remembrance of him.

While there is little to say that has not already been said, and likely much more eloquent than what I have to say, I'll say it anyway.

Like many others here I was a long time listener of Reuben's music, he had astounding talent and limitless possibilities. I cried, because the loss of an artist is so hard, especially when such emotion is evoked from listening to his music at the moment. However, I am glad to see that the community is paying tribute to him, and that I take some solace in the fact that although he did not live a long life, I would say that he lived what he had fully... and he made his mark, if not with the world, than with us.

His presence in the community shall be missed.

I am just tuning into this thread.

I never listened to any of Reuben's remixes (I don't have any on my comp), but this is very sad to lose someone who contributed to this site, which is a big part of the music I listen to. I will give a listen to his mixes now.

:-(

As might be expected, his personal site is running into bandwidth issues.

I'd like to download some of his original arrangements, if I can.

Does anyone know of another place they're hosted? KF

How's this for a start? It's a particularly moving and uplifting piece I downloaded from his site a couple years ago (yep, longtime lurker).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p0lp8k

I found an even more beautiful song here in one of his friend's blog (streaming only though...much appreciated if anyone knows how to "rip" it from the site):

http://squarefaced.com/2007/11/26/rest-in-peace-reuben/

Also inside: some nice anecdotes about Reuben and a sweet pic of him playing on what looks like a stage.

UPDATE: The friend was kind enough to send me the file (also said he didn't think Reuben had the song on his site...well the site's back up, so we'll be able to check...):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/34fihl

I found an even more beautiful song here in one of his friend's blog ...

UPDATE: The friend was kind enough to send me the file (also said he didn't think Reuben had the song on his site...well the site's back up, so we'll be able to check...):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/34fihl

How's this for a start? It's a particularly moving and uplifting piece I downloaded from his site a couple years ago (yep, longtime lurker).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p0lp8k

Many thanks. I'm listening to them both right now.

I did manage to download the songs off his own site. Many things I hadn't heard there. His original work is as great as I'd expected from someone with his kind of talent. I've been listening to a lot of his stuff lately; I had to bite my lip while listening to 'Amour dans Morte' while on the metro the other day... KF

Dear OC Remixers and visitors,

A wiki article about Reuben has been created at the wikipedia, unfortunately, there's not clear data and information as of yet, and if this information is missing on December 5th, the article will be removed.

People who knew him well are encouraged to improve the article so that everybody could have a vision of who Reu was and what he accomplished in this life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Kee

Please, this is a call for everybody to keep Reuben's feats and successes alive.

Thanks

After hearing this, I've cried at least 3 times. This is horrible news to me. Reu was one of my favorite artists and remixers. Some of his original pieces outshine most of his remixes. And he has made a song for me a long time ago, but I am unable to listen to it (due to the Summoning of Spirits project seeming to be perpetually delayed).

His songs are incredibly emotional and his skill is probably the best I've heard with the piano and even otherwise.

I am getting tired of people using the word "waste".

Though a human life lost early is tragic, it is by no means a "waste".

I don't know, just the word being used is just not kosher with me.

I'm inclined to agree. Calling someone's death "a waste" implies to me that their talents were squandered on meaningless pursuits when they could have been better applied elsewhere. Clearly, that is not the case here.

Of course, I think it's pretty clear that nobody that has used the word "waste" in this thread has meant it in that sense. That being the case, it would be wasteful to argue about it. =)

This saddens me. I used to play Legend Of The Snake alot when I DJed for a small server on Mirc. It's always a tragedy to lose a musician with so much talent, especially at such a young age. Fortunatly, we will always have his music to listen to.

My condolences go out to his family/friends and anyone that has been touched by his music as much as I have.

It says:

To all Singaporeans,

Suzie and Laura1318

express their condolences and deep sympathy to the parents,relatives and next of kins of Reuben

Kee ,23 ;Jeremy Goh, 24; Stephen Low, 31; Poh Boon San, 27 and Chee Wei Cheng, 20, who died in that boating incident.

It is a very sad day and we share in your country’s griefs and sorrows .May God Bless their souls R.I.P

:puppyeyes: