OCR01858 - *YES* Super Dodge Ball 'Rockin' the Yard' *RESUB*

zircon

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12261 Original decision

Source: http://akumunsf.good-evil.net/S/Super%20Dodge%20Ball.nsf - Track 8 ("Team Kenya")

Remixer: The Prophet of Mephisto

---

I (zircon) really liked the first sub but thought the mixing/production was dragging it down. That was the sole basis for my original NO, as I really liked the arrangement, interpretation, and part writing. Very creative overall! Brad came to me and asked for some help, and I offered to simply re-mix and master it myself. In doing so I fixed all of my own production/execution problems and I think the final result sounds good, as it gives Brad's skilled playing and sequencing (especially the bass!) the level of clarity and fullness they deserve.

So:

YES

Still dislike that organ intro. YES-able, but the sax performance lacks a lot of polish for the first verse. Things feels a lot smoother on that level later on. 2:51 was just sour though.

I hope zircon gave you notes or a breakdown on what he did Brad, so you can apply that knowledge to future work. This is definitely a lot more balanced, with the other instrumentation locking together nicely, and the individual parts being very distinguishable. Nice rebalancing of the whole thing to let Brad's solid, creative composition shine through properly.

Oh yeah, definitely feeling zirc's tune up. Parts like 0:51-1:12 sound so much better with everything being more clear. Still wish the sax stereo separation wasn't so pronounced, but honestly that was my smallest problem. My other concerns have been satisfactorily addressed.

YES

Still wish the sax stereo separation wasn't so pronounced, but honestly that was my smallest problem.

QFE. What's up with that, man? :|

Anyway "rockin'" is definitely the word. I could definitely get into a wicked dodgeball game with this music. Great percussion work. As for the sax, it's good, but I feel like the articulations could have been more defined to help the listener get the rhythm of the melody down. Whatever; it's just a very minor gripe from a former trumpet player.

Anyway, great take on the source. Energetic and fun.

YES