Condolences/Prayers/Best Wishes to Reuben Kee's Family

djpretzel

As is the case with many people in the OCR community, I knew Reuben primarily through his music. He was a truly brilliant and talented individual, and his death is a loss not only to this community but to the world of music. It is devastating to see such a great talent die so young.

But know that Reuben will always be remembered here. His music lives on, and we can continue to appreciate his talent. As cheesy as this sounds, I believe that one is never truly dead as long as their memory, their legacy, survives. Reuben's legacy will live on with us forever. He is a part of this community, and though he is a great loss, through his music he will still be with us always.

You had a beautiful and talented son, may he know peace when he has passed, because that is what he deserves. Bless you all, I may never have personally known him but his music will stick with me for all my life.

Thank you for his being in the wold, even if it was so short, you have my prayers to you.

Reuben was an amazing guy, I never knew him properly but we passed thoughts on our music from time to time. It cripples me to think that one of the most influential musicians here has passed on, and may he rest in peace.

I hope the family can get through this, your son was one in a million. He touched into more people than most people dream of. I feel lucky to have known him in the way I have.

.Roe

Reuben Kee has reached out and affected lots of us, myself as an example. Listening to his music heavily influenced my decision to make my own music, and I've since continued with music passionately. Hopefully it can be taken as a pleasant surprise that while his memory holds through direct social connections such as family, close friends and comrades- his influence in our online community will also be heavily felt and we will share remembrance of his name. Rest in peace Reuben.

I first discovered Mr. Kee some years ago while I was serving in the US Army. During that tour, I missed my new wife and my family a great deal. I mention it only so you can understand the depth of emotion that I associate with Mr. Kee's work. More often than not, it was his compositions that covered the random noises of camp around me as I tried to sleep those long months of my tour. It's cliché to say it, but music is truely a portal to the soul. By sharing his music, Mr. Kee enabled many people to explore their own emotions and situations and, I believe, consistantly come out the better for it.

I've grown up in an age where it seems like music often feels simplistic and very linear, if that makes any sense. Mr. Kee's music always stuck me as a complex and dynamic blend that would lead you from one emotional state to another one. The ability to incite empathy on the part of your audience is an extremely rare and very precious gift. I know nothing can ever really replace a lost loved one, but I think as we all (and especially his dear family) beging to cope with this untimely loss, it would be prudent to reflect on the number of people that Mr. Kee has effected over the years. Mr. Kee's music touched people from a host of countries and from all over the world. Though death is always tragic, I believe nothing better could be said of a man than that the world itself mournes his loss. And mournes not for some famous speach, moment of valour on some forgotten battlefield, or random treaty who's meaning has been lost to the ages, but rather for the simple fact that in his soul was that true spark of beauty that cried out to us all, and showed us why we as a species were ever deemed worthy of life in the first place.

As with many others, I did not know Reuben personally. However, I have always loved music and have thoroughly enjoyed listening to his work. The level of dedication and care put into each piece allowed Reuben's passion for music to show and be experienced by a community spanning the entire globe. To lose such a talent is to lose a part of this community's very soul.

My thoughts and prayers, along with those of many others, are with you in this time of sorrow. May you find some small comfort in having your grief shared by so many, and through that, may it be easier to bear. May you also take great pride in knowing that, although he will be dearly missed, Reuben has enriched the lives of people the world over with his talent, his creativity, and his ambition.

I had the distinct pleasure of collaborating with Reuben on a song called "The Place We Knew." His magic on the piano was enough to bring my father to tears when he first heard it years ago... and he is not usually one to cry. This piece will always hold an even greater significance to me now. Please know that your family will be in my thoughts for a great time to come.

I, as others, only knew him through music, but what better way to know him? His 'Ascension to Cosmo Canyon' is especially beautiful and will forever hold new meaning.

My sincerest condolences to all who were lucky enough to know him better.

I agree wholeheartedly. His Ascension to Cosmo Canyon piece was absolutely beautiful, this is such a terrible loss. I've used the site for years and never touched the forums, but, now would be a good time. Extremely sorry for his family, my condolences.

Sucks that the musical community has lost someone as talented as Reuben, who by all indications, was also one hell of a guy in day to day life. As well as having particularly big cojones for tackling Gregson Williams music, & suceeding.

I wish nothing but comfort for his close family & friends, as I'm sure they are having a hard time now.

Songs from Reuben Kee I personally enjoy listening to is, "The Place We Knew", "Reflections", and "Someplace Far Away". When I listen to those songs they all have a gentle melody. From his music I must say that Reuben is a person with a good heart and soul along with lots of talent. I'm sure that Reuben Kee would like to thank family, friends, and fans for the unlimited support and love we all have given him. May we all listen to his music, his voice and place him close...in our hearts.

Goodbye Reuben Kee, you will be missed and remembered for your great passion in music.

Miehta mailmmi dovdet dal olbmot morrasa dan seammat olbmo dihte. Dal leat oasit duodai okta.

Muhtimat su cehpodagain MUGENas, ja earat fas su lasmatvuoda dihte. Mii, su musihka dihte.

Reuben Kee, go mun gulan su nama, mun jurdilan ovttatmanos Snake vs. Dragon OC ReMix. Dat vuostas Legend of the Snake lei buorre, muhto dat nubbi lei vel buoret.

Mu olbmat oahpasnuvve Reubena musihkain mu cada, mun lean alo leamas hui angir su musihka guldalit, ja earaid oazzut guldalit. Danne go dat guoskaldahttii mu nu.

Ja savan ahte diehtibehtet din lossa aiggis, ahte dii ehpet leat akto guoddime morrasa lossa noadi, mii leat veahkkin. Go Reubena manjemus dahkku lea oazzut mailmmi okti.

Dearvuodat

Jorehis, Norggabealde Samis.

Translation:

All over the world, people are feeling grief for the same man. We are acting united, as one.

Some knew his skills in MUGEN, others for his athleticism. Us, for his musical talent.

Reuben Kee, when I hear his name, I instantly think of Snake vs. Dragon OC ReMix. The first Legend of the Snake was good, but the second was even better.

My friends got to know Reuben's music through me. I've always been keen to listen to his music, and promoting it to others. Because he really touched me.

I hope you know that in your hard and sad times, That you aren't carrying the burden of grief alone, we are there alongside with you. Because Reuben's last deed was to unite the world in grief.

Yours truly

Joret (Yawret), Sapmi in Norway