Condolences/Prayers/Best Wishes to Reuben Kee's Family

djpretzel

I listen to his music almost every day at work, some of the best pieces I have, I was utterly shocked and sad when I saw this announcement. I love fantastic music, and Reu was one of the best. It's a shame that humanity loses a great person with so much talent at such an early stage. He will be missed.

...I knew very little of Reuben, but when I first heard Ryu for four pianos, I found myself in a frozen state for those three and a half minutes.

I absolutely suck at goodbyes. But what I will say is that I will be hearing your voice and endeavors of you all over this site from the many here for many days to come. You and your family will be added to my daily prayers.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo.

I did not know Reuben personally. I am not even a member of this community. But I have listened to many of Reuben's pieces and I have enjoyed all of them. There are several pieces of his that have found their way into steady rotation in my car and at home. To affect people you have never met -- people you do not know even exist -- in such a direct and profound way is something most people never do, but Reuben did through his music. Upon learning of his passing, I am both happy to learn he led a well-rounded life, being a gifted athlete and musician, and saddened to know he is no longer on this earth. I extend my condolences to Reuben's family, friends, and those he touched with his music.

I usually don't say anything here either, but when I saw the announcement, I just had to say something.

I've listened to all his songs I could find and some of my favorites I play every day. I will keep on playing them...

My condolences to his family. And thank you Reuben...

I only knew his music, but this news really made me sad.

As a lover of music and remixing, I will really miss him, since he was one of the most talented musicians from the entire community, and even if I knew nothing about his person, I deeply admired him. But I understand this is nothing compared to the loss of the ones who loved him, and I'm sorry there's nothing we can do about it. Judging from his music, he must have been a great person.

My sincere condolences to his family.

I came to OcRemix today hoping to find some cool new music but I never expected what I found. I never personally talked to Reuben Kee but I loved his music which I somehow ended up listening too everyday. I shall never forget you Reuben Kee. You touched my heart and countless others with your music and for that I am thankful.

Sincerely,

Zach

As many people have said before me and will likely say after me, I didn't know Reuben all that well; I mainly knew him through a couple e-mails and his music. But the fact that so many people didn't know him but were still touched by his passing kinda speaks to the impact his music had on us all. I send my condolences to his family and friends and hope they can find their way through this trying time.

-DCT

I offer my profound condolences to Reuben Kee's family and relatives. Reuben Kee was the first artist on OverClocked ReMix that I found and listened to that made me want to mix my own music. His classical piano variations struck a similar chord to my own tastes in music.

I did not know Reuben personally but I have listened to his mixes often, most especially "Shenmue Reflections" which I listen to everyday without fail. In listening to his mixes I felt an empathic bond that all those who have listened to his mixes must have felt. This empathic bond relayed to me, and no doubt others, his passion and love for video game music and life itself.

There is so much more to say to convey my feelings. When the light of a person's vibrant life force passes on, there is always not enough words to convey the profound feelings that arise in us.

In this time of great sadness, we can only let our feelings flow fully and without restriction. Only then, with our emotions and feelings flowing can we let them go.

Some of Reuben's works still come up as consistent favorites, even among my collection of thousands of songs. He had a true gift in music, and though I never knew him personally, I can't imagine that he was anything but a wonderful, inspiring person.

I offer my most heartfelt prayers and sympathies.

I've listened to Reuben's music endlessly and it always touched me or sent chills up my spine, the kind you can only get when a true artist is at work.

I'm sorry not only for your loss, but for the world's loss that such a talent is gone. I will remember him, though I knew him not.

I was shocked when I logged on OCReMix today and found that Reuben Kee is no longer with us. He was an amazing musician. My prayers go out to you... his family and friends.

Although I never met him, thinking back I realized the influence that his music has had on me. The first song of his I ever listened to was "Legend of the Snake 2: Snake versus Dragon." This was my first introduction to the Metal Gear Solid series, a series that continues to be an inspiration to me as a freshman cadet at the United States Military Academy.

I hope that instances like this, however small they may seem, of Reuben's wide-reaching impact will comfort you during this difficult time.

I never knew him personally, but by just listening to his music, I feel I could get a real sense of his character. In his music I hear talent, sensitivity, passion, strength, and intelligence...I can only wonder what kind of great person he is inferring from what I've heard him produce.

Prayers and best wishes in your time of loss...he was a real blessing to us all.

I'm shocked by this terrible happening. My condolences for the families and friends of these young men.

Reuben was composing some music tracks for my project. We even talked last week.

I have lost two very close relatives this year, so I think I can somehow understand the feel of his family and friends. May God bless your hearts with peace and strength to keep going.

It's a great loss, but I trust they are resting peacefully with God now, and that must be the most wonderful thing ever.

Reu's inmense talent and love for what he did will never fade away. Thank you and good bye, Reu.

Love and respect,

Julio Marambio.

Chile, South America.

He always treated me with great respect. He was very sincere and talented with his music and apparently with his sports & modeling. I wish we had more great men like him.

With regards to Anime Remix - we had some amazing feedback with regard from some of his submissions, and the quality and emotion in these tracks inspired many of us to push musically to achieve the same level of excellence. Truly a great musician with a big heart.

My sincere prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

I do not know him personally, neither have I ever gotten an impression of what he was like as a person. I am not very experienced in this community and don't know many of the composers who work here.

But I cried.

I cried when I heard of his death and heard his music shortly after that.

The pieces he has composed are some of the most beautiful and well made pieces of art I have ever heard.

I have to thank him for his music and I wish him all the best, wherever he is now.

We will miss you.