OCR00071 - Mega Man 3 "Blue Bomber Forever"

Mega Man 3 'Blue Bomber Forever'

This mix begins with a poor man's "Robovoice" giving you an e-mail address to write to if you have comments, etc. Kind of funny but I think I'd cut that part out when burning it to CD. Or maybe not, it is kind of novel. And of course who wants to edit someone else's edit? I guess I wouldn't tamper with it. Of course this e-mail address will now have to be maintained FOREVER!!!! :)

The mix itself is well done. The themes blend well with each other. Lots of reverb is used, but never the point of too much... it's right on da line yo. Every once in awhile a voice sample pops up to help with the transition between tunes. All in all pretty cool, but I think Mustin has come a long way since this ReMix.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I really liked this remix. The sounds used fit the style perfectly, and the intro at the beginning gave me a chuckle. The different parts of the medley blended in fairly well, with one exception, if I remember correctly. The part with the muffled percussion always puts a smile on my face. This is pretty amazing for a first submission.

"I like the sound of that!"

Back to the Future, right?

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This mix utilizes some classic instruments (piano/flute) which create an Epic-feel. I like how the song has enough *umf* to get ya movin' but it doesn't smack you in the face like some of the other mega-man techno mixes. 'Blue Bomber' sounds like something out of a movie rather than a video-game, which is nice... I can listen to it without my college boys raggin' on me.

No you can't. They'll rag anyways....but this mix is cool, 'cause it's not serious - I mean really, Bonzaibuddy doing voiceovers for you? Gotta be a sillymix. That said, it DOES include the Weapon Acquisition theme, and any mix that does that is awesome for me, because that was the best theme after the opening one. And yes, I went back and played a ROM to confirm this for myself.

• 10 months later...

Are you ready to go? If not, too bad.

Had a good variation among the instruments, from a classical piano to a very funky synth with a nice trumpet or two, . A very happy but also jazzy remix if I might say, at least when it gets into the groove at 0:47. Maybe not the best thing to have a voice message in the beginning, but now I at least knows his email, that may be a good thing. But except for that one, there was some more quotes inside the remix, but they doesn´t bother me that much, they´re also characteristic for Mustin´s remixes.

It's a cool mix but I like the one done by DiscoDan a lot better. Not that I have anything against this one but Dan's is more of no-nonesense kind of mix.

I may agree at that point, techno suits good for megaman remixes, but Mustin´s take on this track wasn´t that bad either, so why not download both? Well done Mustin!

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Lets face it, This is a great remix, Melody what ever you wish to call it, It opened alittle different making us wonder what direction it will go then fades into this wonderfull piano that really (To me atleast) captures the essence of our favorite Blue Bomber, Overall it is a wonderfull remix or tunes that make us all remember the days of playing Megaman 3, The hard last second jumps, Winning boss battles with only one bar left on our life gauge, This song to me captures the very Essence of the original Megaman.

(PS)

Is that the Lufia tune at 2:40 that comes in? I could be wrong...But anyway...Kudos to the remixer, I hope to hear many more of your remixes that captures the soul or the gamers out there and helps us remember those times now past.

• 9 months later...

Way too heavy on the vocal samples, and pretty ass sounds used.

Arrangement is creative and varied though, with some great ideas used. Mustin is an excellent remixer, and has way better stuff, so check that out instead; Don't let this one color your perception of his skills. It's 8 years old and hasn't stood up very well.

• 1 year later...

lolwat? That synthetic speech opening. What a mistake.

I dig the attention to giving this a cool arrangement. It actually threw me a lot, because there's so much clutter in this and it has all the ingredients of midi cover garbage, but it shines on the variation and expansion front.

I hate samples thrown into mixes for the hell of it, as a rule. These ones didn't bother me as much as some others have because they either worked with the music or were at least buried to not be completely contrasting.

Instrument samples need to be thrown into an attic and left to petrify. Their day of producing music anyone would want to hear is over.

I'll listen to this solely because I'm all about the personality. Very clearly a stepping stone mix.

• 4 years later...

Normally I don't take issue with voice clips, but there were some here (especially the opening one) that I just really didn't care for. That being said, the rest of the ReMix has some nice ideas and with the switching of sources, it never gets stale. Really shows how far an incredible mixer like Mustin can go over the years.

• 1 year later...

Awww Mustin! Hehe the opening voice thing is adorably well-meant, bless.

Not sure how I feel about the other voice samples either but the remix and medley (a lot of those at this point of 2000!) are pretty good-notch for, well, 2000. The song's a little quiet overall but, maybe that's intentional with some of the instrument choices, flutes, slinky saxes, a nicely rendered piano. Maybe that just means the drums are a bit loud? They definitely seem more artificial and SNES than the rest of the song, but.. oh well. Another classic favorite of the old OCR songs, even with that cute naive Microsoft Sam intro (I love youuu <3)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00071 - Mega Man 3 "Blue Bomber Forever"